• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Defending The Elio

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can relate, my brother has never driven to work in a vehicle that was paid for. Every time one got close, it was time to trade it in. He bought a new Dodge Ram pickup when they first came out, got the automatic tranny so his wife could drive it, after some time he realized his wife wasn't going to be driving it, so he tried to trade it in for one with a five speed but found out he was 'upside down' so had to wait and make payments for a couple more years to trade it in on another brand new one and start making payments all over again. The last car I financed was in 1974 (two years out of high school). I don't borrow money on a depreceating asset and I will be paying cash for my Elio.

Balanced owed on My ELIO is sitting in an account right now marked ELIO little extra to cover any difference in final price.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
yesterday (Thanksgiving) I mentioned it to a couple of brother-in-laws .... both looked up the EM site on their phones .... basically, they thought it is a great idea but both were very skeptical ... they mentioned some of the flash in the pan car scams that have often been mentioned on this forum .... the ones that vaporized after bilking who knows how many folks who bought into the hype .... one may well take a serious look at an Elio after they are on the market but not until

Jim

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We have enough to pay cash for both of ours. When we bought the truck almost 7 years ago, we paid it off in 2 years and put that payment in the bank every month, so we have enough to buy 3 Elios now! With no payment we'll just keep putting it in the bank. With the price of the Elio we could get a new one every 3 years and never have a payment again!:D

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've brought it up at work with both of my helpers and a couple of the others in the crew and the reaction was positive, especially when I brought up the mileage AND the price. We all drive from home (wherever that may be) to the office in Kentucky, and then by crew van to the boat (wherever it may be), and we all make this drive alone with our luggage for the 21 or 28 days on the boat. They could all see the practicality of the Elio for the commute back and forth from home, especially at the price. I also talked it up to the father and son that run the alignment shop here in town that I do business with, and they were both very receptive and interested. On the other hand, when I explained it to my sister and brother in law (who both have long commutes), she was immediately interested, and he totally blew it off as a scam...

Top Bottom