• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Crash Testing?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
will they be able to advertise what those results are, or do they have to wait for someone to buy it off the line.
I believe they will be able to. That is why it is so important to them that they meet that goal. I'm not saying that safety isn't important but it goes a lot further if the public is allowed to know. :-) Z

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I spend more of my time on two wheels than four.

What is this "crash testing" you speak of? :confused:

Short answer: 'crash testing' will justify Elio's goal of a 5 star safety rating.
or you can enter 'crash testing' in the "search forums" tab @ top of page
& get an ear full.........have fun. :)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
will they be able to advertise what those results are, or do they have to wait for someone to buy it off the line.

As soon as they have the test results they can advertise that the vehicle meets the NHTSA's 5-Star Safety standards

There is some debate as to whether or not they will be able to ever claim the vehicle to be 'NHTSA 5-Star Safety Rated' however they would be able to state that the vehicle meets the 'NHTSA's 5-Star Safety standards' without having to worry about being accused of false advertising as they would have the test results to back it up.

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I crash tested my "2 wheeler". The metal plates and screws in my ankle and elbow says it didn't fair too well. lol
I have a metal plate and 7 "deck" screws holding my bone grafted left leg together. My test apparently wasn't any more successful than yours.........LOL

Top Bottom