• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Corbin Motors Merlin

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes it kind of looked like a fender at the side to me, but paralax being what it is, could be either. And they didn't put another wheel to the other side, so maybe that fender isn't just to the side. And so you may be right and it's a Reverse Trike.

If this is in Canada, they can just as easilly do either, as far as I know. ( well almost )

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking foward to seeing the prototype build of the Sparrow EMV17 Model. These guys are custom coach builders so they will probably do their own fabrication.

This EV autocycle concept would be perfect for my personal use and look good parked next to the Elio as part of my future autocycle collection.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting EV World interview with Jerry Kroll, Electrameccanica CEO. He states the production model will be ready mid November with deliveries in 2016................Mission Impossible in my opinion, but an interesting interview and concept vehicle nonetheless.

http://evworld.com/focus.cfm?cid=284

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Corbin Motors had a three wheel car called the Merlin. It was really neat looking, IMO.
It is a shame nothing came of it.

msmerlin2.jpg

KEN WEGER HAS A CORBIN MERLIN IN HIS SMALL WONDERS CAR COLLECTION .
IT HAS A V-TWIN ENGINE LIKE THESE :

merlin_5.jpg

Yea, too bad he sold his collection :(

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To tell the truth, I've always wanted to see a single passenger vehicle on the roads. It's a pure commuter, or a pure sport vehicle depending on power etc. But this does greatly limit it's utility. So I see the wisdom of the Elio choice of two seats, having reviewed the motivators I find in current reservation holders. I think we'd have about 1/3 as many reservations ( or less ) with-out that second seat area.

Like the sandwich shop guy I know. He wants that space in the Elio for a few delivery/pickups he does daily. Same as Pizza delivery people, it's useless to them without that seat and adjacent space.

And all the travel enthusiasts we have. If they can't take their 'honey', they don't want to go at all! I think a full blown entertainment center in the back is justified for them, do you agree?

And as for google maps, where are they going to put all that camera control electronics? :-)

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To tell the truth, I've always wanted to see a single passenger vehicle on the roads. It's a pure commuter, or a pure sport vehicle depending on power etc. But this does greatly limit it's utility. So I see the wisdom of the Elio choice of two seats, having reviewed the motivators I find in current reservation holders. I think we'd have about 1/3 as many reservations ( or less ) with-out that second seat area.

Like the sandwich shop guy I know. He wants that space in the Elio for a few delivery/pickups he does daily. Same as Pizza delivery people, it's useless to them without that seat and adjacent space.

And all the travel enthusiasts we have. If they can't take their 'honey', they don't want to go at all! I think a full blown entertainment center in the back is justified for them, do you agree?

And as for google maps, where are they going to put all that camera control electronics? :-)
I'm ok with a single seater commuter EV as would many other commuters providing it has rear cargo storage for a few bags of groceries, an occassional take out pizza, and golf clubs. When I take my honey, I want her sitting beside me not behind me particularly with no rearview mirror to keep a watchful eye on her. We will take the larger vehicle with plenty of trunk space for a beer cooler and snacks when it's the two of us.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I THINK YOU ARE CONFUSING KEN WEIGER WITH BRUCE WEINER .

KEN IS STILL IN THE MICROCAR BUSINESS . HERE IS HIS MERLIN
View attachment 6327

BRUCE WEINER NEVER WENT ANYWHERE NEAR A FREEWAY BUT
KEN HAS SEVERAL FREEWAYS , SIGNED BY THEIR CREATOR DAVE EDMONSON !
HE ALSO IS HEAVY INTO CORBINS AND LITESTARS .

biglittle1.jpg

http://www.automuseums.info/united-states/small-wonders-microminicar-museum

Good catch Dave................my bad...............yes it's Bruce I was thinking of :doh:

Top Bottom