• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Corbin Motors Merlin

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A sketch of the restyled EMV17 Sparrow EV planned production 2016-17. This may evolve into quite the autocycle EV commuter.

image.jpg

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A sketch of the restyled EMV17 Sparrow EV planned production 2016-17. This may evolve into quite the autocycle EV commuter.

View attachment 6304
I hope they get but misuse the funding since I think that design is really nice. I would love to see it in production.

EVWorld.
'Maybe both Corbin and Myers were just ahead of their time. At least two Canadian's seem to think they were, because they've bought up some of those old Corbin Sparrows and Myer's NMGs (short of "no more gas") and shipped them to Vancouver, British Columbia, but not to refurbish them. No, Jerry Kroll and Henry Reisner, have a more ambitious plan in mind: a lighter, sexier, yet still affordable reinterpretation of the Corbin Sparrow concept, code-named EMV17 (see the newly released artist's concept sketch below).'
electrameccanica_emv17sketch.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How's their funding?
First round funding, but this looks like a solid credible automotive connected team and the prototype looks solid based on the previous Corbin Sparrow production prototype builds, so that $25 million dollar prototype build funding hurdle isn't an issue.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope they get but misuse the funding since I think that design is really nice. I would love to see it in production.

EVWorld.
'Maybe both Corbin and Myers were just ahead of their time. At least two Canadian's seem to think they were, because they've bought up some of those old Corbin Sparrows and Myer's NMGs (short of "no more gas") and shipped them to Vancouver, British Columbia, but not to refurbish them. No, Jerry Kroll and Henry Reisner, have a more ambitious plan in mind: a lighter, sexier, yet still affordable reinterpretation of the Corbin Sparrow concept, code-named EMV17 (see the newly released artist's concept sketch below).'
electrameccanica_emv17sketch.jpg

I've seen the Canadians in BC do this kind of thing once in a while since at least the 60's. The minimum retail they can muster without Elio level financing will be at lest double the price of an Elio. More likely 3x. But on the upside for the car, Canada will give them product import protection and some kind of business encouragement in the form of loans, grants and or tax insentives. Just a bit more socialand business welfair oriented up there.

Top Bottom