• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

As I See It, Gloves Off...

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been "all in" for about 2 months now, so some of you might think that isn't very long and I shouldn't have a right to complain. Well, nuts to that! I've been watching Elio for about 2 years and besides, my grand is as green as anyones. That said...

Like me, I guess most of you get an email from Elio every day or two. At first I found them interesting, but it didn't take long to realize that basically they don't really say anything. It's the same old tired hype with the same old bubbly catch phrases and same old giddy cheerleading every time.

They've raised a pile of cash. Not enough to go into production maybe, but surely enough to finally build something besides one-off prototypes. How much does it cost to build 25 cars? Of course it's more expensive than with the assembly line, but if it cost even $40,000 per car they could still do it for one million and that's a drop in the bucket compared to what they've raised.

Enough already! How about sending us an email with pictures of a bunch of guys with wrenches and screwdrivers sticking parts together. It's time to stop talking and build something!

Last edited by a moderator:

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like me, I guess most of you get an email from Elio every day or two. At first I found them interesting, but it didn't take long to realize that basically they don't really say anything. It's the same old tired hype with the same old bubbly catch phrases and same old giddy cheerleading every time. Screw that!
Well said, and I fully agree. I mostly glance at them, say, "Yup same thing" and delete in 2 seconds.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been "all in" for about 2 months now, so some of you might think that isn't very long and I shouldn't have a right to complain. Well, nuts to that! I've been watching Elio for about 2 years and besides, my grand is as green as anyones. That said...

Like me, I guess most of you get an email from Elio every day or two. At first I found them interesting, but it didn't take long to realize that basically they don't really say anything. It's the same old tired hype with the same old bubbly catch phrases and same old giddy cheerleading every time. Screw that!

They've raised a pile of cash. Not enough to go into production maybe, but surely enough to finally build something besides one-off prototypes. How much does it cost to build 25 cars? Of course it's more expensive than with the assembly line, but if it cost even $40,000 per car they could still do it for one million and that's a drop in the bucket compared to what they've raised.

Enough already! How about sending us an email with pictures of a bunch of guys with wrenches and screwdrivers sticking parts together. It's time to stop talking and build something!

Sounds to me like someone went and spent a Grand on a car that did not exists:crazy: instead of doing like most of the rest of us, who did get there moneys worth, and just reserve a place in line and get a T-shirt.:clap2: O'yes, and a sticker.:cheer2:

Last edited:

lnwlf40

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I have asked EM exactly for that. Let's see what they say.:attention:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been "all in" for about 2 months now, so some of you might think that isn't very long and I shouldn't have a right to complain. Well, nuts to that! I've been watching Elio for about 2 years and besides, my grand is as green as anyones.

being here since the beginning or for only a short time, so long as doing so is accomplished within the bounds of our forum's standards, you have every right to complain .... I can tell you this, if you expect rapid releases containing exciting new info, you are in for a disappointment .... all of us would very much like to daily updates similar to the crowd funding but that simply isn't the way of things .... just as you were new a few months ago, new members are joining every day .... they haven't seen the releases that you have seen so for them, it is new info .... best recommendation is sit back and enjoy the ride .... kind of like they used to say about the military, learn to hurry up and wait

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
being here since the beginning or for only a short time, so long as doing so is accomplished within the bounds of our forum's standards, you have every right to complain .... I can tell you this, if you expect rapid releases containing exciting new info, you are in for a disappointment .... all of us would very much like to daily updates similar to the crowd funding but that simply isn't the way of things .... just as you were new a few months ago, new members are joining every day .... they haven't seen the releases that you have seen so for them, it is new info .... best recommendation is sit back and enjoy the ride .... kind of like they used to say about the military, learn to hurry up and wait

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I long ago set my spam filter to work on "eliomotors.com." It keeps the junk out. I figure if they ever actually move towards production I'll have plenty of time to remove the filter before they're asking me for color.

Top Bottom