• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

As I See It, Gloves Off...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Frustration, yes. Doubt in the outcome, yes. Tired of "fluff", yes. Buyer's remorse, yes. "Justified" complaining, yes. It's good to be able to tell how you're feeling but it's also important to put this whole experience in context. You have to remember that this is a start up car company. Not just a start up company, a start up car company. Also remember, it's the first time PE and company have tackled a project like this. They have done an incredible job, as first timers and continue to push forward. We all want our Elios sooner than later, but the truth of the matter is that as pretty doggone sure that I am of success, Failure is still an option. So, welcome to the club of those that have had their doubts, are tired of not as much information as I would like, sometimes wondering what I am doing putting money towards something that doesn't exist. It's for a purpose (aside from getting a really cool car), to give a reasonably priced car for everyone and lower the consumption of oil. So put on your big boy pants, buckle in and enjoy the ride! It could get bumpy.
The ride has been bumpy and continues to be bumpy. Also, complaining and whining about the slow progress hasn't been effective in speeding things up, only funding can do that. Although, I'm not sure there was even a design and engineering freeze up until the P5 announcement. Still not sure until the P5 is actually built and tested.

They have done an incredible job to date of designing, engineering, and marketing a concept. Milestones to production over the last 18 months questionable (whine!) We want the P5! We want the P5! We want the P5!
Well at least I want the P5 and it's still 3 months out.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
remember back when people were saying that seeing the progress made in building the P4 demonstrated that EM was on track .... a little while later that subsided and moved to if EM would just prove they had a functional engine ..... from there to show us they can raise funds .... from there produce the P5 .... my bet is it won't be long after after the P5, the cry will move to the P6 (etc), to crash testing, to hiring workers, to setting up the assembly line, and on and on .... the reality is, I doubt anyone on the planet wants to see them rolling off of the assembly line more than Paul and the folks who work for EM .... all of our worrying, weeping, and wailing won't make it happen a moment sooner .... in a recent post, the author used the analogy of kids in the back seat repeatedly yelling, "are we there yet" .... I think that analogy is a pretty good one

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM fundraiser idea:

image.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
remember back when people were saying that seeing the progress made in building the P4 demonstrated that EM was on track .... a little while later that subsided and moved to if EM would just prove they had a functional engine ..... from there to show us they can raise funds .... from there produce the P5 .... my bet is it won't be long after after the P5, the cry will move to the P6 (etc), to crash testing, to hiring workers, to setting up the assembly line, and on and on .... the reality is, I doubt anyone on the planet wants to see them rolling off of the assembly line more than Paul and the folks who work for EM .... all of our worrying, weeping, and wailing won't make it happen a moment sooner .... in a recent post, the author used the analogy of kids in the back seat repeatedly yelling, "are we there yet" .... I think that analogy is a pretty good one
Nope, too long ago when I thought we were about ready to arrive. lol Kids will be kids. This kid is still waiting. Whatever will be, will be.

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I know is this, in our business, when a customer calls every day and wants to know how it is going, it may be a pain to us, but I would be lying if I said we make them wait longer. Even if we cant stand it, we push ahead just to get them off our back. Its the customers who we never hear from who get their jobs pushed back when some emergency comes up. Just a fact of life, no, its not fair, its just how its done.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I know is this, in our business, when a customer calls every day and wants to know how it is going, it may be a pain to us, but I would be lying if I said we make them wait longer. Even if we cant stand it, we push ahead just to get them off our back. Its the customers who we never hear from who get their jobs pushed back when some emergency comes up. Just a fact of life, no, its not fair, its just how its done.

Kind of the, "Squeaky wheel gets the grease" thing.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

true for many circumstances but not in this one ....no matter how many times some of us whine about it, EM will get there when they have the money ....

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Well, it doesn't work that way when you are one of over 43,000. The other 42,999 just think you're a tool.

Reactions: Ekh
Top Bottom