• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

As I See It, Gloves Off...

DanS

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been "all in" for about 2 months now, so some of you might think that isn't very long and I shouldn't have a right to complain. Well, nuts to that! I've been watching Elio for about 2 years and besides, my grand is as green as anyones. That said...

Like me, I guess most of you get an email from Elio every day or two. At first I found them interesting, but it didn't take long to realize that basically they don't really say anything. It's the same old tired hype with the same old bubbly catch phrases and same old giddy cheerleading every time.

They've raised a pile of cash. Not enough to go into production maybe, but surely enough to finally build something besides one-off prototypes. How much does it cost to build 25 cars? Of course it's more expensive than with the assembly line, but if it cost even $40,000 per car they could still do it for one million and that's a drop in the bucket compared to what they've raised.

Enough already! How about sending us an email with pictures of a bunch of guys with wrenches and screwdrivers sticking parts together. It's time to stop talking and build something![/Q

As a reply to this see post #12 in "How Much Angst Has The Waiting For Your Elio Caused?". This is how I see it :D

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, since three months ago I've had my car down to a bare chassis and have almost finished rebuilding it; with a totally different type of engine and a supercharger fitted with my own design of fuel injection system.

But I haven't had time to raise any money or sell any T shirts..

Looking forward to the pics!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, since three months ago I've had my car down to a bare chassis and have almost finished rebuilding it; with a totally different type of engine and a supercharger fitted with my own design of fuel injection system.

Looking forward to the pics!

absolutely .... the pics and any other info you might care to share

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Holy Moly! My mind is officially boggled! Yes, most definitely show us your work and how it performs. I'm assuming it still fits under the same bonnet yet? Or did you do some reconfiguring there?

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Instead of everyone complaining in here (which probably does nothing towards speeding up the process), how difficult would it be to do a petition to send to the ATVM people? I mean, that is the bottleneck in this whole process, isn't it? I see no reason for them to be dragging their feet for so long on this loan approval...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Instead of everyone complaining in here (which probably does nothing towards speeding up the process), how difficult would it be to do a petition to send to the ATVM people? I mean, that is the bottleneck in this whole process, isn't it? I see no reason for them to be dragging their feet for so long on this loan approval...
The DOE needs to see the P5 in my opionion for verification of Elio specs.. It's not the DOE feet dragging so cast no blame on or complain about the DOE. The DOE is our friend with bags of low interest money to lend.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The DOE needs to see the P5 in my opionion for verification of Elio specs.. It's not the DOE feet dragging so cast no blame on or complain about the DOE. The DOE is our friend with bags of low interest money to lend.

The DOE is not dragging their feet? How long have they had EM's loan application now? How much more time do they need? Enough already, approve the damn loan!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The DOE is not dragging their feet? How long have they had EM's loan application now? How much more time do they need? Enough already, approve the damn loan!

the DOE is a government agency that has been hammered for making some bad loans .... they are under a microscope form congress and the public as well .... while me may be in a hurry, they have no motivation to hurry and every motivation to slowly make sure ever i is dotted and every t is crossed

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm hearing this echoing response from the DOE: "We got more time than low interest money so show us the damn P5 you promised over a year ago and we will approve the loan application and show you the money!" Of course I could be mistaken.

On a more serious note, I agree with JEBar's above statement. The DOE needs verification that the loan can be repaid and should not rush the approval process.

Top Bottom