• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You Completely Happy With The Design Of Elio?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tostart with, I have never once hit my door on the gas pump.

With the filler cap on the driver side, I can pump gas 13 seconds quicker in my honda than my ford(not including when I pull up to the wrong side in the ford...)

Multiply that over the life of the vehicle and you get a huge chunk of time saved.

In no world is walking around to the passenger side to fill the car quicker, safer or more convenient than if it's on the driver side.
No argument can be made against this statement.(logical, that is)

In conclusion, the decision to put the fuel filler on the least efficient side of this hyper efficient vehicle is illogical... <3

Join me in the fight against counter productivity!!!
I've never noticed how being in a hurry has ever gotten people anywhere faster. They usually just get to the stop light faster and wait longer while their blood boils.

skychief

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't like the Elgin guages or the exhaust bulge. Those are the first things I will "fix" on my Elio.

Standard analog (needle movement) speedo & tach. I like the ones Coss has proposed.

And a single tail pipe on the non-door side. The actual hole coming out the side will be much lower - i drew it up high for effect.

It will be slightly behind the spot where the wheel cover touches the body during a hard-right turn so as not to foul the turning radius.

ElioLftSide.jpg

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
given that I'd prefer some things done a bit differently, the only thing I'm likely to modify is to get rid of the Elgin .... I've seen the exhaust bulge and frankly, it blends in to where, in my mind, doesn't detract from the appearance of the vehicle

Top Bottom