• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to a future full of cheap, efficient trikes :D
Whaddayamean?! We already got them!

mwOBW509.jpg

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They actually make electric, adult-sized trikes like this. They're called "drift trikes".

I am in the planning stage of building a gas powered drift trike. I would prefer electric, but since this is just a "for giggles" project, using a $99 212cc gas motor from Harbor Freight is much cheaper. I am using a girls 20" BMX bike for the front frame, forks, wheel and brake. Welding together the rear frame out of 1" square steel tubing. My biggest decision right now is whether to go with a costly go-kart style rear end setup with hubs, bolt on sprocket carrier, etc or cheap out and bargain bin those parts.

Starting with this, a freebie from a neighbor:

20160403_132938.jpg

And ending up something like this (without the pedals on the wheel):

Example.jpg

Last edited:

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am in the planning stage of building a gas powered drift trike. I would prefer electric, but since this is just a "for giggles" project, using a $99 212cc gas motor from Harbor Freight is much cheaper. I am using a girls 20" BMX bike for the front frame, forks, wheel and brake. Welding together the rear frame out of 1" square steel tubing. My biggest decision right now is whether to go with a costly go-kart style rear end setup with hubs, bolt on sprocket carrier, etc or cheap out and bargain bin those parts.

Starting with this, a freebie from a neighbor:

20160403_132938.jpg

And ending up something like this (without the pedals on the wheel):

Example.jpg
That looks really sweet, really. Especially if you can get flames to come out of the exhaust pipes. But I can't look at it without thinking, "JATO rocket-powered Impala"

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cool Idea this couple had installing the first residential curb side charging station..........topping off the SRK. This one happens to be free of charge but I can see a market for conveniently located private residential charging stations that may generate some family income.

Obviously no need for residential curbside gas pumps :)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cool Idea this couple had installing the first residential curb side charging station..........topping off the SRK. This one happens to be free of charge but I can see a market for conveniently located private residential charging stations that may generate some family income.

Obviously no need for residential curbside gas pumps :)
Out of curiosity, is there any kind of standard for charging stations, or is it where you have to find a charging station that has the correct plug and voltage for your car?

Top Bottom