• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When someone said 10% was sold and I seen they had a lot of "cheaper smaller stuff" I figured that's where the 10% came in, and I sure was right. Sounds good, yet pretty insignificant.

Here is an interesting question. If they can't sell that expensive huge equipment, is there enough space on what they leased to work around it?

As for the wait, I don't really mind. I'm paying on a townhouse that should be paid for in about 2 years. So the fact it will be at least 2 years till I get to buy my Elio is fine by me.

I'm just a tad skeptical he will have enough profit per vehicle and sell enough of them to make a profit. American labor is anything but cheap. On the customer side, sounds a dream deal. But If I was an investor with tons of cash, I would run. LOL

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm just a tad skeptical he will have enough profit per vehicle and sell enough of them to make a profit. American labor is anything but cheap. On the customer side, sounds a dream deal. But If I was an investor with tons of cash, I would run. LOL
I was actually intrigued that part of Elio's business plan was predicated on not gouging on the price, but instead has ambitions to dominate this corner of the vehicle market by being so affordable, safe, economical that you'd have to be nuts not to have one was a creative and in the medium to long run very plausible way to build a company.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm curious how people who went "all in" interpreted the level of risk with the adventure otherwise known as Elio. Did/do people expect the process of Elio getting off the ground to be like waiting for the new iPhone 7, or that there's a more significant gamble with a new company getting their product off the ground. Just curious.

Waiting for the new iPhone 7 meant there was a successful iPhone 6. I would have no issues at all if I was waiting on the Elio 2.0 following a successful pre-Elio launch. Also, no issues with the Tesla Motor's Model X delay from an established successful company there is limited to no risk. As it is there is slight risk with this new startup until we hear positive news on funding.

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most of us based our decision on information being provided, and assumed it was factual. I'm not so sure the results would be the same with the information being currently provided. My personal opinion is there would be more "want in" reservations than "all in" nonrefundable reservations if the information of the financing and anticipated delays where available. I personally would not have pulled the trigger as fast as I did, with the currently available information. Doesn't mean I have changed my mind, but now that all the real world facts have come out, it does give one reason for pause. The gambler in me probably would have gone all in eventually, but that was when I was thinking I would be driving the thing by the end of this year.
I knew they lacked the 250 million when i signed up (all in) i also figured March 2016
So I was pretty much on. What is a few months among friends?:)
MK

Last edited:

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You mean they lacked $240 million. What's a few dollars among friends? So you weren't pretty much on.
What's a couple hundred million between friends... :)

Seriously though, did/does anyone think there's no risk when a start up is struggling to, well, start up? Or is there a general impression amongst the all in crowd that everything pretty much evolves and unfolds by a fairly clear and obvious schedule without too many bumps and bruises?

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What's a couple hundred million between friends... :)

Seriously though, did/does anyone think there's no risk when a start up is struggling to, well, start up? Or is there a general impression amongst the all in crowd that everything pretty much evolves and unfolds by a fairly clear and obvious schedule without too many bumps and bruises?
Not at all. We all knew, and excepted the risk. Doesn't mean we can't bitch about it. We all had your enthusiasm about thousand dollars ago.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
why are we still hammering this?, most everyone who has been "disappointed" is,a response for whatever reasons, or rationalizations, reflected in HOW the "news" was presented, yes things change, yes there are delays (inevitable especially with such a complex product) BUT WE were ALL under the impression that the MONEY was always there w/wo the federal loan guarentee. That's it- end of story- All the call-outs, accusations ,venom, lies, I truly believe that for many this was a reaction to just that, and that alone ( that PE had said the $ was there and now it ain't.)

Which, btw will play no part of newbies decisions- they'll see the secured factory, the publicity next week for the engine, see the E will be available in 2016, see how many, and ever increasing numbers of reservations and they will be very cool with that, and this will be every old news going forward.
What it did do, was create a major division between those folks who mentioned their frustration and the true believers for whom P E walks on water

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Or is there a general impression amongst the all in crowd that everything pretty much evolves and unfolds by a fairly clear and obvious schedule without too many bumps and bruises?

for many of the folks who have been around for a while and are highly disappointed, this isn't the first delay .... its easy to understand frustration growing as promised deadlines for everything from starting production to building prototypes for crash testing have come and gone .... the more times a person goes through deadlines being set and not kept, the more understandable the frustration .... while understandable, I don't believe that allowing anger and disappointment to fester serves any positive purposes.... time will tell and unless something major happens, time is going to tell pretty soon

Top Bottom