• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The issue is simple. Paul Elio made several statements along the way that they they didn't need the ATVM loan for the 2015 production schedule. He also made the comment during a CES news interview that they were on track to 2015 production, when the interviewer asked when can I get one of these! Also, excitement by myself and others over the engine start news followed by the immediate groundswell of Elio pre-orders. The very next day the delay announcement due to lack of funding. You seriously think Paul Elio discovered the funding shortfalls right after the CES interview? He was obviously aware of that funding issue for a long time and didn't make the announcement until forced to do so. Can you imagine how the new pre-oder folks felt? Yes a big credibility issue and yes that was misleading. I expected a delay but not based on funding Paul Elio said was there.

I'm over it, but don't trust the EM news any longer and will personally need outside verification regarding any future funding issues. By the way this is the first time since 2008 I haven't trusted Elio Motor's statements.

EM is not on track to the 2016 production schedule until a funding option is secured and in the bank.
Have you ever said something will happen and then it didn't? I bet that has happened at work regarding scheduling or maybe a raise. Were they or you a liar when it had to be changed? I think not... if there was no intent to deceive. I don't see anything here that would imply Paul intentionally mislead, even after the multiple postings of the same rehashed crap.

We can all have our opinions but going over and over this stuff doesn't help anyone nor does it change a thing. We have to wait and move forward.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm curious to know more about this abrupt reversal. Thanks.

simple ... as others have note for months (well over a year) Paul repeatedly stated that funding sources were in place to take EM into production .... literally all of a sudden (see post 749 above) he announced that EM was something under a quarter million (info on the exact amount seems to be a bit confusing) from having sufficient funding .... no explanation for the change was given and with the size of he deficiency, its a bit hard to believe that they couldn't see it coming ... since then, several theories have been advanced but it sure would be nice for Paul (who repeatedly reports to run a transparent operation) to personally address the issue

Last edited:

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The issue is simple. Paul Elio made several statements along the way that they they didn't need the ATVM loan for the 2015 production schedule. He also made the comment during a CES news interview that they were on track to 2015 production, when the interviewer asked when can I get one of these! Also, excitement by myself and others over the engine start news followed by the immediate groundswell of Elio pre-orders. The very next day the delay announcement due to lack of funding. You seriously think Paul Elio discovered the funding shortfalls right after the CES interview? He was obviously aware of that funding issue for a long time and didn't make the announcement until forced to do so. Can you imagine how the new pre-oder folks felt? Yes a big credibility issue and yes that was misleading. I expected a delay but not based on funding Paul Elio said was there.

I'm over it, but I don't trust the EM news any longer and will personally need outside verification regarding any future funding issues. By the way this is the first time since 2008 I haven't trusted Elio Motor's statements.

EM is not on track to the 2016 production schedule until a funding option is secured and in the bank.
Well said

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have you ever said something will happen and then it didn't? I bet that has happened at work regarding scheduling or maybe a raise. Were they or you a liar when it had to be changed? I think not... if there was no intent to deceive. I don't see anything here that would imply Paul intentionally mislead, even after the multiple postings of the same rehashed crap.

We can all have our opinions but going over and over this stuff doesn't help anyone nor does it change a thing. We have to wait and move forward.
Things happen, I expect things to happen, but you did't get the point of the delay so I rehashed the crap for the last time. If I tell you I have money in the bank today to buy you a gift tomorrow and tomorrow I announce a one year delay in your gift........I didn't lose the money overnight, I simply never had it to begin with and definitely mislead you. Also, I risked losing your trust. Paul lost mine not yours. The best analogy I got, but doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I'm over it, but I don't trust the EM news any longer and will personally need outside verification regarding any future funding issues. By the way this is the first time since 2008 I haven't trusted Elio Motor's statements.

I share the same opinion for the same reasons. I made my first all in reservation in Oct 2013 and like Rickb have been a long term Elio supporter.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And now for something completely different.
MV5BMTU1OTQ4MTI1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjQ5OTM5Mg@@._V1_SY317_CR17,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score

But did you ever say you already had something you didn't? That actually is the definition of a lie.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

It's hard to say what Paul Elio can and can't say in public depending on what deals he's bound to from investors, directors, management team, etc. He may very well have been sincere that he did not need the ATVM loan for the 2015 production, because of how everything unfolded, it's hard for me not to speculate something was happening behind the scenes; a deadline for this or that which was missed, resulting in key funding at that time being pulled, forcing him to eat crow and push production back. I think Elio is on track for 2016 production with funding for that production being the next piece of the puzzle it has to find and fit into what is clearly a complex jigsaw puzzle of building a vehicle manufacturing company and vehicle from the ground up. Personally I liked the idea of having some risk in this endeavor when I went "all in" and I still like the risk element because there's a nice payoff Elio comes through and I have a new vehicle next year. If not, like any other risk taking in life, one moves on. I'm far from that as long as there's incremental advancement at EM.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
But did you ever say you already had something you didn't? That actually is the definition of a lie.

right now, I'm inclined to believe that something changed unexpectedly .... an investor backed out, they over estimated how quickly the surplus equipment in the factory would sale, something cost much more than they anticipated, who knows ? ... do I know that for sure, absolutely not .... but it is what I choose to believe at this point

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How much did they pay for the plant lease and the equipment? Also, how do you really sell a 2500 ton press? Most everything is made in other countries. Is there really a demand for such a thing here in the states? And how on earth do you move something like that? Think trying to move it would be as much as what they are asking for it.

http://stores.ebay.com/automationrecovery1/

I admit, I don't know much about USA plants (if they are any anymore), but would be surprised if in 13 days and 17 hours there isn't nearly every piece equipment still available to buy. Also got a feeling that's why they didn't sell it their self. No market.

Top Bottom