• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In response to eddie66 & RUCRAYZE:

I don't know for sure if there was hiding going on. And anyone that would say different would be speculating. For example... If a wife feels that a husband needs to buy a gift early to show he put thought in it and had forethought of her (show love) would see a gift that was bought one week before the occasion as a lack of love or thought of her and he didn't show this. Maybe the husband spent many weeks or months and night thinking of his wife and the perfect gift to give her. He then finally decided a week before the occasion on what he thought would convey his love. The perfect gift. His gift had a lot of thought put into it and forethought out of love for his wife. While it cannot be proved, you (she) have to look at the totality of the circumstance(s). What is the history to base your assumption?

In the case of Elio, there is none. There is nothing to prove Paul was force to tell because of the meeting. The meeting was set and just maybe Paul was hoping to have good news by then. It may not have panned out like he wished it had. So to say he was forced by the meeting, is to say you "know" he had foreknowledge it was not going to work. Then you also must understand the PR part of this project. Do you wish he came out one week or even two weeks prior and said it isn't working out? Or is the meeting the best forum to do so?

To say his credibility is damaged, is to show biasness towards looking for fault. You cannot prove it but you can believe so and state it as fact. What appears to be one way can quickly change 180 degrees with more understanding and looking at the whole picture.

I see nothing wrong or can be proven to be so. It is all speculation. Funny thing is that the Salem witch "trials" were based on speculation and fear. Then the "test" to prove the guilt was based on speculation and fear.

We have no proof that Paul has miss lead anyone.

We can definitely be disappointed and there is proof of this. We cannot say there is proof of Paul's lack of credibility when it is just those who perceive it to be, and stating it as true while looking for anything to "imply" or in their mind "prove" so. All the while overlooking all that shows different.
That was one terrible analogy. Had nothing to do with our relationship with Elio motor. The truth is he had to bring it out at the meeting knowing in advance he was facing large fines from the Parrish had he not gotten the six month extension. Both Ru and I shared your enthusiasm just a few weeks ago. Still do. We are just done providing excuses. I"ll let the naysayers provide the proof, but be careful what you ask for. We were deceived.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If redundant please delete.QUOTE]
Ok thank you, I made some updates e.g. the AAMVA video and link to the best practices guidelines and Joel Sheltrown's business contact information. Everyone I've been in contact with here in Maine related to LR1721 is familiar with this material but it's exactly what people starting to learn should be familiar with. Thank you.

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That was one terrible analogy. Had nothing to do with our relationship with Elio motor. The truth is he had to bring it out at the meeting knowing in advance he was facing large fines from the Parrish had he not gotten the six month extension. Both Ru and I shared your enthusiasm just a few weeks ago. Still do. We are just done providing excuses. I"ll let the naysayers provide the proof, but be careful what you ask for. We were deceived.
I was waiting for someone to take the "bait" so I could explain more. It isn't a good analogy because it is a good metaphor. Let me explain...

The "wife's" perception of love applied to the timing of the gift purchase. The "credibility" of Paul Elio is based on the timing of the announcement of the delay. All perceptions by the viewer. Now to point out your perception and the bases to justify it...

Do you know if the Parrish extension happened or was arranged after the announcement? Does it matter? Did the fine apply if it was announced after the meeting or maybe before? Maybe the extension was already arranged and the public announcement was for us and the media. I bet it was already arranged from what I have heard.

I don't see any excuse. I do see reasons for the delay and they are justified. We just need to ride this out. The Elio team is still working hard towards the goal. If they were ready to bail they would not be going about it as they are.

I know that we all would like our Elio Autocycle. I was hoping for my autocycle sooner also. You wouldn't be so frustrated if you weren't passionate about the Elio Autocycle and I understand this. So hang in there and we will soon have one and all this will be bad memories. All the other stuff isn't helping.

Burn the witch!!

Isn't it funny how the wise person (Knight) made something nonsensical sound logical and correct? Now I am waiting to hear a naysayer point out that in the end the women was proportionate to a duck. Ha, ha!!

Last edited:

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is where some reservation holder expectations were likely higher than they should have been. While Paul Elio was certainly aware of the official timeline possibly or likely changing soon after CES what he can say publicly about such matters is decided by the company. While Elio Motors is much more transparent than most companies important decisions, such as official timeline changes, are not simply made by Paul Elio but instead they are discussed among the management team to determine the best way to handle things to suit the companies best interests and then approved by the board of directors.

The fact of the matter is that Elio Motors will never tell us everything they have going on as soon as it happens. Instead they will tell us a few things as they happen, they will tell some others things after varying amounts of time, and the vast majority of what happens remains behind the scenes as most of that stuff is boring and/or unimportant. There may also be a few skeletons w hich are quietly buried along the way but this is just the way life works. Just like everything in life there are trade-offs to every decision made.

Those of us observing will never agree with all the decisions EM makes. We can play armchair quarterback all we want however we do have to realize that we do not have access to most of the information EM uses when making these decisions. We also generally have a completely different point of view as we tend to view things as customers and not as they are viewed by the management of a company who are generally looking at things from a long term point of view. As outside observers we simply have to trust that the Elio Motors team is trying to address things in a manner that is best for the company as this ultimately benefits us as we want them to succeed.
Believe this or no G-ONE, but I do and will always agree with PaulE, win lose or draw. It's really quite simple.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In response to eddie66 & RUCRAYZE:

I don't know for sure if there was hiding going on. And anyone that would say different would be speculating. For example... If a wife feels that a husband needs to buy a gift early to show he put thought in it and had forethought of her (show love) would see a gift that was bought one week before the occasion as a lack of love or thought of her and he didn't show this. Maybe the husband spent many weeks or months and night thinking of his wife and the perfect gift to give her. He then finally decided a week before the occasion on what he thought would convey his love. The perfect gift. His gift had a lot of thought put into it and forethought out of love for his wife. While it cannot be proved, you (she) have to look at the totality of the circumstance(s). What is the history to base your assumption?

In the case of Elio, there is none. There is nothing to prove Paul was force to tell because of the meeting. The meeting was set and just maybe Paul was hoping to have good news by then. It may not have panned out like he wished it had. So to say he was forced by the meeting, is to say you "know" he had foreknowledge it was not going to work. Then you also must understand the PR part of this project. Do you wish he came out one week or even two weeks prior and said it isn't working out? Or is the meeting the best forum to do so?

To say his credibility is damaged, is to show biasness towards looking for fault. You cannot prove it but you can believe so and state it as fact. What appears to be one way can quickly change 180 degrees with more understanding and looking at the whole picture.

I see nothing wrong or can be proven to be so. It is all speculation. Funny thing is that the Salem witch "trials" were based on speculation and fear. Then the "test" to prove the guilt was based on speculation and fear.

We have no proof that Paul has miss lead anyone.

We can definitely be disappointed and there is proof of this. We cannot say there is proof of Paul's lack of credibility when it is just those who perceive it to be, and stating it as true while looking for anything to "imply" or in their mind "prove" so. All the while overlooking all that shows different.
The issue is simple. Paul Elio made several statements along the way that they they didn't need the ATVM loan for the 2015 production schedule. He also made the comment during a CES news interview that they were on track to 2015 production, when the interviewer asked when can I get one of these! Also, excitement by myself and others over the engine start news followed by the immediate groundswell of Elio pre-orders. The very next day the delay announcement due to lack of funding. You seriously think Paul Elio discovered the funding shortfalls right after the CES interview? He was obviously aware of that funding issue for a long time and didn't make the announcement until forced to do so. Can you imagine how the new pre-oder folks felt? Yes a big credibility issue and yes that was misleading. I expected a delay but not based on funding Paul Elio said was there.

I'm over it, but I don't trust the EM news any longer and will personally need outside verification regarding any future funding issues. By the way this is the first time since 2008 I haven't trusted Elio Motor's statements.

EM is not on track to the 2016 production schedule until a funding option is secured and in the bank.

Last edited:

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am not trying to be smart or some how demean anyone for how they may feel or believe. I can understand how many have gotten there. I am frustrated also. Mainly because of my own personal hype, excitement and dreaming of having my Elio before Christmas this year. This is my own fault for feeling like a kid over the Elio. This year will not happen from what I can see. But it is okay. I will have one soon.

My concern is that in multiple threads or discussions it is the same unsubstantiated negative perceptions of Elio and Paul based on bits of facts but mostly personal perceptions. It is as if... as if it is said enough times, it will become true. This negativism feeds off other's negativity. Not good for the person or their health.

Paul hasn't deceived us. I believe this will happen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom