• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Another Big Reason We Need The Elio

Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was trained in the public schools and I believe that man may have walked amongst dinosaurs and that the planet may be younger than the all-ins. I guess it all depends upon what book you want to believe as opposed to where you read that book.
I COMPLETELY agree with you on the assimilation thing though. Of all the homeschoolers that I know, most of them are pretty lacking in their social skills.
Some of the homeschoolers I know. A young lawyer in Texas. His sister a clothes designer in Virginia. My 2 stepsons, the oldest a pharmacist always #1 in 8 years of higher learning, the youngest a dyslexic running the circulation department in our local newspaper. When my wife and I first got together, I threw out the tired "not learning social skills" argument. She responded with what social skills, violence, drug abuse, teenage pregnancy. None of these kids ever meet a stranger and are courteous to all. Even the lawyer.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some of the homeschoolers I know. A young lawyer in Texas. His sister a clothes designer in Virginia. My 2 stepsons, the oldest a pharmacist always #1 in 8 years of higher learning, the youngest a dyslexic running the circulation department in our local newspaper. When my wife and I first got together, I threw out the tired "not learning social skills" argument. She responded with what social skills, violence, drug abuse, teenage pregnancy. None of these kids ever meet a stranger and are courteous to all. Even the lawyer.
Love it!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You guys crack me up:p...and make me do a LOT of thread backtracking to figure out where things took a left turn (I prefer 'right' turns...not a NASCAR fan, or a dem.) from the original thread title. Not saying it's a bad thing, I'm guilty myself with nearly everything I comment on, but I feel like Columbo if I've been away more than two hours [CompTrex - that's not admission of addiction :rolleyes:] trying to find the specific comment that sent it "off topic". Gotta love forums with nothing tangible to discuss! Love ya'll, you make my day.

I think segway's like this is just "Another big reason we need the Elio!"

[See how I did that! ;):D]

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You guys crack me up:p...and make me do a LOT of thread backtracking to figure out where things took a left turn (I prefer 'right' turns...not a NASCAR fan, or a dem.) from the original thread title. Not saying it's a bad thing, I'm guilty myself with nearly everything I comment on, but I feel like Columbo if I've been away more than two hours [CompTrex - that's not admission of addiction :rolleyes:] trying to find the specific comment that sent it "off topic". Gotta love forums with nothing tangible to discuss! Love ya'll, you make my day.

I think segway's like this is just "Another big reason we need the Elio!"

[See how I did that! ;):D]
Funny you should mention Segways........ great idea, but after the President tripped, it was doomed, I think they cost near what our base E is? They love 'em in airports! and we use them down here (Delray Beach FL) for "foot Patrols"

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Funny you should mention Segways........ great idea, but after the President tripped, it was doomed, I think they cost near what our base E is? They love 'em in airports! and we use them down here (Delray Beach FL) for "foot Patrols"

Funny you should mention the vehicle, "Segway", because I've been looking for a used one for my sister-in-law that has a genetic lung issue (she was no angel back in the day either...that's what I love about her. We "get" each other....but I digress.)

She is only 52 (same age as me, but can't walk from her car to my front porch without gasping like a fish on the bank. Loves to be outside, Two grand daughters would love to play with, but really can't go anywhere, or do anything..."Segway" I'm thinking. They are CRAZY expensive new. So....

If anyone has a Segway for sale, or knows someone that's ready to deal on one they don't use...Hook me up. Seriously!

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Funny you should mention the vehicle, "Segway", because I've been looking for a used one for my sister-in-law that has a genetic lung issue (she was no angel back in the day either...that's what I love about her. We "get" each other....but I digress.)

She is only 52 (same age as me, but can't walk from her car to my front porch without gasping like a fish on the bank. Loves to be outside, Two grand daughters would love to play with, but really can't go anywhere, or do anything..."Segway" I'm thinking. They are CRAZY expensive new. So....

If anyone has a Segway for sale, or knows someone that's ready to deal on one they don't use...Hook me up. Seriously!
My son, his friend, and one of their robotic mentors built one. Used an ax handle for the handle and bought all off the shelf products. They never actually finished it, but they did get it working. Cost them under $200.

Top Bottom