• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A Few More Choices On Elio Color Options Would Be Nice.... ?

Do You think Elio's current color choices are sufficient?

• Yes, they are awesome, and I couldn't ask for more !

• They're ok, and I can live with them.

• I really wish we could have more options on colors, and maybe even get to vote on them !

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree that the silver shown on the website under "Colors" looks more like battleship gray. P3 is more like a true silver. I'm hoping they'll paint Elios in Mercedes' Brilliant Silver
Here's a shot of it in Los Angeles last year. :cool:
View attachment 3481

I feel (this means it is not a fact) that the weakest part of the Elio web page is the ability to get the true feel for the colors. I wrote earlier asking about the different color Elio's shown on the home page and how real are these colors.. Still don't know.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's not so much that the color choices are limited in number. It's that they all look kind of dull and flat, at least on the computer screen. It would be nice to see each color on a piece of metal maybe at the showings. I'm trying to get a better fix on that "marshmallow" white. I had a silver car once, and it looked far better than the flat "rocket grey" on the color chart. If these are the only standard choices, then yes, I might pay a few hundred extra bucks for a better color, but not $600.
Seeing the paint on a piece of metal would not be a good example. The Elio is not going to have a metal "skin". :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let me first say yes I am a child of the 1900's, so though I have used a computer since they were new, I am no code writer.
I have noticed on the EM web site a bunch of 'photos' of Elios driving here and there, great.
The cars in these 'photos' are all the different colors.
Finally to my question, are these the actual car painted different colors (I think not) or just geeks at play?
I think you know the answer to that question but I will answer anyway, Jay3wheel. There have actually been only 3 Elio's built and painted. The P2 was sour apple green, the P3 was rocket silver and the P4 is creamcycle. Therefore it is safe to assume those pictures are geeks at play. :p :D :rolleyes: :) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I feel (this means it is not a fact) that the weakest part of the Elio web page is the ability to get the true feel for the colors. I wrote earlier asking about the different color Elio's shown on the home page and how real are these colors.. Still don't know.
It was reported sometime back, and I'm not sure of the source, that the actual colors that will be used for production are not a known formula at this point. The colors we see are simply examples of the selected colors not the exact "die lot" or whatever it is called in the auto industry. My feeling is it was either Paul Elio's teleconference or his response to questions by Silas Sunday. Both are posted, one after the other, on the same thread and I am fairly certain they were posted by goofyone. :-) Z

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Someone please start or build a web site where I can buy and wrap it myself. Silver or Marshmallow make a great starting base. Give germans their due in that they purposely designed psychologically intimidating appearances into their war machines. I wish there was a way to design a little of that into the Elio. The German Stuka was a prime example siren and all. Possibly most intimidating plane of all was the German night fighter. English bomber pilots testified of bone chilling fatigue caused by the strain of night after night missions out into the dark unknown. One nightmare that would awaken them from the deepest rest was the vision of one of those night fighters appearing from below and behind the British Lancaster. They would rise from the quiet night like sharks to a precise angle where a fixed canon would take as little as one shot to decimate each Landcaster. Repeating the deadly routine over and over on each succeeding defenseless victim. To view one meant certain death because deadly radar accuracy had already placed them in view only moments before the kill.

Heinkel He 219 Uhu

20693272[1].jpg

P.S.No color offered should resemble the colors of our plastic toys from our childhood. The Green and Blue are dead ringers. sorry Paul. Just my opinion.

Top Bottom