• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

4/8/2015 - Mind Over Motor - What To Make Of Elio Motors?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice comparison piece. Honest about issues however the comparison does work quite well in EM's favor. :cool:

I also can't help but point out this nice little positive review of the prototype LE instrument panel :D:

"The instrument panel has been redesigned, and it reflects Elio Motors goal of using as many off the shelf components as they can. The new IP uses almost all existing supplier tooling, but by replacing the speedo and tach needles with discs and covering most of those gauges with brushed aluminum covers, they’ve come up with something that’s attractive, modern looking and not just the same old gauges."

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
The automatic transmission that will be offered will be a dual clutch unit based on the manual transmission used in the Elio trike.

First I've heard that!

That is very likely an error. The manual is a single clutch so if the automatic is based on the manual it would be the same. I have reached out to the author and EM to confirm this or have it corrected.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very nice comparison piece. Honest about issues however the comparison does work quite well in EM's favor. :cool:

I also can't help but point out this nice little positive review of the prototype LE instrument panel :D:

"The instrument panel has been redesigned, and it reflects Elio Motors goal of using as many off the shelf components as they can. The new IP uses almost all existing supplier tooling, but by replacing the speedo and tach needles with discs and covering most of those gauges with brushed aluminum covers, they’ve come up with something that’s attractive, modern looking and not just the same old gauges."
I noticed that, too.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't see this posted here yet. If so sorry.

This is from TTAC (TheTruthAboutCars.com)

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...ve-startups-city-elio-motors-lyons-motor-car/
A very well written balanced article with some tidbits of info I was glad to see confirmed; 1) PE is not satisfied with the new engine which is off 5% from hp and torque, 2) several hundred reservations have been refunded - demonstrating Elio Motors honors its agreements and less than 1% of reservation holders are dissatisfied, 3) it's clear that an offset hit gets deflected off the wheel (not good for apples to apples testing but good for survivability) before hitting the passenger compartment, 4) we know that Comau is indeed selling excess equipment not posted on Ebay, 5) what we already know that PE jacked on Starbucks Venti's and is sometimes technically incorrect about things such as Stu Lichter has a lease to buy option on the Shreveport plant, he does not "own" it.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Definitely liked the creativity in the gauges.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gag me with a spoon! The LE Dash 'Creative'? Nope, 'Idiosyncratic'?, Yup.....:D
Ok.
:D
regency-flatware-dessert-spoon-12-pack.jpg

Top Bottom