• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

3d Model

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, I got the Phoenix police car done. Looks nice! In fact the very image of cool!
Always wanted to make one of those with the Elio. See here in 3D;

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=u6cf72dba-81a4-4a61-8720-d39096cf8b06

I think I'll also do the black and white type, but in that pattern. The blue will go white, the white will go black and the logo will be some kind of badge logo.

View attachment 3516
Like it and I think in the future we will see these in local traffic control operations.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ari, you're going to have hours of fun with that model you created (the hard part's [basic model] over with)! You're inspiring me to get the Elio into my Blender program and see what I can come up with...our deal still holds, but somehow, I think you're the one that'll come up with the real good aftermarket ideas. ;)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ari, you're going to have hours of fun with that model you created (the hard part's [basic model] over with)! You're inspiring me to get the Elio into my Blender program and see what I can come up with...our deal still holds, but somehow, I think you're the one that'll come up with the real good aftermarket ideas. ;)
I will admit. Ideas are easy(for me). Proving to investors that they have merit in a market place is harder. Executing them in a business even more. So I pretty well stay to garage start-up business plans.

It's little bit of a conundrum right now for me. Expose ideas on line to stimulate PR interest and activity in others, or hold back and find a way to execute it myself or with partners? Of course once the Elio is funded, my public promotion of the Elio will be unneeded. To some degree that already shifted when EM went over 15k reservations.

CaribbeanZombie

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
OK, I uploaded an interpretation of the Elio as a convertible, well a type of one. You can find it here. I'll think about your wheel set up 'Elio1' :)

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=ub0747bc6-ba52-424f-b142-a8d17235c7ef

Looks awesome Ari! Only issue I see is that, unless the back seat is folded down, you won't be able to see the rear window! The "window area" doubles as a trunk lid! As for the ragtop...BAD@$$, I want one!!! Keep up the good work!!! ;)

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks awesome Ari! Only issue I see is that, unless the back seat is folded down, you won't be able to see the rear window! The "window area" doubles as a trunk lid! As for the ragtop...BAD@$$, I want one!!! Keep up the good work!!! ;)

Agreed on the ragtop! And as for the back window, while useless for the driver, it 'might' make it a little less claustrophobic for the passenger having a little more light coming in....and there's that rear view camera thing that's got me thinking.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aren't you supposed to be working on something.......:D

Bought a dedicated laptop last week just for the CAD/Blender stuff because my present laptop couldn't handle them without crashing, and I kept getting "low memory" warnings. Takes HUGE amounts of memory and preferably a GPU (ergo-new laptop designed for gaming) to keep running smooth, and me from banging my head against the table. I have a real problem with not 'saving' work as I go, and really hate having to start over.

So, if I'm posting here, and the other laptop is running Blender, I'll call it multi-tasking....That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom