• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

3d Model

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! I probably should have added a middle brace just above and behind the drivers head to complete the roll cage. On the other hand maybe that should be an installable/removable option.
What do you think about the mags? At the time I designed them I was looking to do something a little different.
I did get 'different' at least.
View attachment 3490
It reminds me of the French Citron convertible as far as the top is concerned. I love the P3 type fenders and mags and want to do that with mine. Guess that P3 fenders will be one of the options I will have to choose.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I must try a Police car, I must I must! But should it be a black-and-white or like this Phoenix style that kind of matches the Elio lines?
Phoenix.jpg

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Much nicer than the standard black & white. :) Z

Byrnes Mill is notorious for their speed traps (speed goes from 55mph to 25 mph in about 200ft crossing the Meramec River), but I do like their cars. My Bro-In-Law is a Franklin County Sheriff, but their cars are pretty much 'standard' white Chargers...not near as stealthy if you're trying to screw the people out of their hard earned money. Everybody out here (law enforcement-wise) has the low-pro lights on top.

byrnesmillpolice.jpg

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Fayetteville has stopped doing this, but for a few years they were using personal vehicles they had impounded for traffic enforcement until the owners got the cars back. I think a court case made them stop this but they were pulling people over by crazy... you don't expect to be pulled over by a rusty fake wood paneled station wagon after all, especially when it's going below the limit.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fayetteville has stopped doing this, but for a few years they were using personal vehicles they had impounded for traffic enforcement until the owners got the cars back. I think a court case made them stop this but they were pulling people over by crazy... you don't expect to be pulled over by a rusty fake wood paneled station wagon after all, especially when it's going below the limit.

They were doing that a few years back here! You could be pulled over by an old Ford Bronco with a lift kit! All the lights were inside, and they all had dark tinted windows. :eek: No Fair!!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey AriLea, I was wondering if you could make a 3d model of this Elio model in the pic attached below. I love this particular styling, it stands out with minor touches, & remains simple & clean. The fenders have openings from the side, so that the wheels remain visible. I was thinking of having that covered with some type of transparent material, in order to maintain optimum fuel efficiency on long drives. And maybe one with an extended sun/moonroof? :D
View attachment 3489
Why not just get a wrap type of thing for the fenders so they look like the wheels are exposed?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why not just get a wrap type of thing for the fenders so they look like the wheels are exposed?
Well, what I think you could do, is open the area up, but put a moon-cap on that has a image on that. That might be more acceptable and not too bad aerodynamically.

Top Bottom