• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/29/2014 - Tech Talk - Engine Series: Part 3

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see this block next to something that gives us relative size as it looks to be incredibly compact and likely quite lightweight for an engine block.

ce2b4b31-4a18-427e-a6c3-bb6dcf3ff765.jpg

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused (OK, I admit there is nothing new about that) .... in a prior info release weren't we told that the motor had already been assembled, spun and was being or was ready to be torn down to check clearances .... after which it would be reassembled and run on the dyno starting on or about Nov 15th .... the wording of this release suggest that is all still in the future

Jim

I thought (???), that was said in the radio interview last week. At least to the extent of being spun and torn back down.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused (OK, I admit there is nothing new about that) .... in a prior info release weren't we told that the motor had already been assembled, spun and was being or was ready to be torn down to check clearances .... after which it would be reassembled and run on the dyno starting on or about Nov 15th .... the wording of this release suggest that is all still in the future

Jim

That information did indeed come out in an interview with Paul Elio. My guess is that this Tech Talk was written before that interview and/or was written with the assumption that the readers do not know that information and are learning about this engine via this series of Tech Talk articles.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Jim
we were. it was. they did. they're going to. Feel better?:)

Macadamean

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Yea, the photos make the engine look the size of a large car battery.
The closest giveaway to size might be the size of the corrugation on the cardboard. I know these vary, but only so much. I think this is relatively small.

Many of us have seen a very close replica of the engine. I you take the exhaust stuff off and the head, the size shouldn't be that surprising.

Top Bottom