• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/29/2014 - Tech Talk - Engine Series: Part 3

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is my understanding that Comau, and others, merely license the technology from Frame Spray. This will be EM's equipment produced, installed, and maintained by Comau using technology licensed from Flame Spray.

How the technology license works is not known by us at this time. It could be per engine block or per year or per machine or however else they choose to negotiate the use of their technology.
G1 Do you know if Elio will be producing their own engine, or just assembling them? If they are just putting them together, I would imagine they would order the blocks already treated with the Flame Spray.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
G1 Do you know if Elio will be producing their own engine, or just assembling them? If they are just putting them together, I would imagine they would order the blocks already treated with the Flame Spray.

It is my understanding that the plan is to receive the raw castings from a commercial foundry and do all the machining and assembly in Shreveport. Of course this is subject to change as I am sure they would consider only doing assembly if someone else will do the machining for them, or just the flame spray, at a good price.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

jdkeats

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was in Vegas the other day at the Shelby musieum and had a nice conversation with Paul Elio. I asked if the newly machined engine had that special spray coating applied to the cylinder walls? He replied he should have known that answer but they arn't sure if that will be used or just sleeving the walls or ?????. Time will tell what the decision will be. This engine won't have the 2 step valve system but will be on later prototypes.

That is certainly interesting

Top Bottom