• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

"z", Happy Birthday!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
THANKS Dustoff.

So Z is "sweet 16 " and sill trying to hide it from us?

Hmmmm. . . . . . . :rolleyes:

What say yea, Z??? :D
Thanks everybody. I am far more used to "celebrating" events alone than I am being the center of attention (sort of - after all, the Elio is still our central focus, right?). I have never received so many well wishes. It has been a great experience.

My middle sister and her husband took me to a new restaurant in Roseburg that is 100% gluten free. It was our second time there and the food is fantastic. I had pizza for the first time in over 18 months. And they gave me a very decadent dark chocolate cupcake to celebrate my birthday. My sister and her husband also gave me a gift certificate representing the number of years of my age. Thank goodness I am not sweet 16. That wouldn't even buy a pizza. I'll take the $73 gift certificate and eat to my hearts content several times at this wonderful restaurant. How sweet it is! I am also grateful that I can't eat a lot because that means I will have left overs each time I go.

BTW, my sister took my picture wearing my new elioowners.com t-shirt dress. I love the dress but have to admit the light weight rayon skirt I added is a bit cool for the kind of weather we are having. I about froze my tush off wearing it. I will ask for help downloading the pictures for that and the hat I received last week once I get today's pictures. They won't be able to email them to me until they return to their new home in Beaverton, OR which will hopefully be this weekend. My brother-in-law is having a surgical procedure in Eugene on Thursday and has to stay in the hospital at least over night.

Thank you again for making today an extra special day. :-) Z

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks everybody. I am far more used to "celebrating" events alone than I am being the center of attention (sort of - after all, the Elio is still our central focus, right?). I have never received so many well wishes. It has been a great experience.

My middle sister and her husband took me to a new restaurant in Roseburg that is 100% gluten free. It was our second time there and the food is fantastic. I had pizza for the first time in over 18 months. And they gave me a very decadent dark chocolate cupcake to celebrate my birthday. My sister and her husband also gave me a gift certificate representing the number of years of my age. Thank goodness I am not sweet 16. That wouldn't even buy a pizza. I'll take the $73 gift certificate and eat to my hearts content several times at this wonderful restaurant. How sweet it is! I am also grateful that I can't eat a lot because that means I will have left overs each time I go.

BTW, my sister took my picture wearing my new elioowners.com t-shirt dress. I love the dress but have to admit the light weight rayon skirt I added is a bit cool for the kind of weather we are having. I about froze my tush off wearing it. I will ask for help downloading the pictures for that and the hat I received last week once I get today's pictures. They won't be able to email them to me until they return to their new home in Beaverton, OR which will hopefully be this weekend. My brother-in-law is having a surgical procedure in Eugene on Thursday and has to stay in the hospital at least over night.

Thank you again for making today an extra special day. :) Z
Looking forward to seeing the "birthday party pictures!" Sounds like y'all had a wonderfully delicious time together! And Z, hope that your brother-in-laws surgical procedure is not for anything too serious; I will place him in my "bedtime prayers."

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the "birthday party pictures!" Sounds like y'all had a wonderfully delicious time together! And Z, hope that your brother-in-laws surgical procedure is not for anything too serious; I will place him in my "bedtime prayers."
I spoke to my sister tonight and he is doing well. She gets to stay in the room with him tonight. The nurse even made up the bed for her. She was amazed. I guess in a way they are still newly weds. They have only been married about 2 1/2 years. Next week they get to exchange places. She is getting her hip replaced on Tuesday in Portland. :-) Z

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I spoke to my sister tonight and he is doing well. She gets to stay in the room with him tonight. The nurse even made up the bed for her. She was amazed. I guess in a way they are still newly weds. They have only been married about 2 1/2 years. Next week they get to exchange places. She is getting her hip replaced on Tuesday in Portland. :) Z
That's all good news!

After 44 years in Orthopeadics, I know that her total hip replacement will go well. She will be like a new woman again and may be hard to keep up with after that surgery! :)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's all good news!

After 44 years in Orthopeadics, I know that her total hip replacement will go well. She will be like a new woman again and may be hard to keep up with after that surgery! :)
She knows. I could just barely walk until I had my hip replaced in 2011. She was my care giver during that time. :-) Z

Top Bottom