• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Your Chance To Vote To Make Yellow The 8th Color Over On The Elio Blog.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmmm. I know you didn't mean it this way but an Elio painted in multiple colors, if they are the ones I like, would be awesome. :) Z
:D

PicForNewsletter-Inhotim-Brazil-Jan-2009-41.JPG

Kegger

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Here's an idea for EM. To save money offer only ONE color shift paint. There would be a color somewhere on the Elio that would appeal to all owners.
View attachment 3925 View attachment 3926

Colorshift is cool, but I personally like the yellow and blue color shift, or dark blue to turquoise. Burnt orange to Yellow or black to yellow is also pretty cool. EXPENSIVE though. What I will probably do is use what's called "PlastiDip." You can achieve the same kind of colors while protecting your original paint job. Much cheaper than paint a lot of people can do it themselves.

Nobody made stripes that I liked that I could stick on my truck, so I did my own using plastidip.
Here is my truck while I had the stripes. (I should mention the wheels are still plastidipped like that as well, they're normally just an aluminum finish)
wWpvuhY.jpg

I have since peeled off the stripes and the paint underneath was in great shape! (stripes were on for a couple years).

I'd be tempted to get this color plastidip on the colored parts of the Elio. It's called Burnt Copper Metallic.
DSC_0110_zps450c8382.jpg

Kegger

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Kegger.........no options other than the standard 7 Elio colors plus yellow! lol

After watching a video showing the process........plastidip is a pretty cool custom color option.
Yuppers, I'll most likely be going with creamsicle and plasti dipping over the whole thing. :) I'm honestly fine with them offering the simple 7 colors.

Top Bottom