• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Yard Sign

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Call me old fashion but if I was still in business and someone came in wanting a job and had lots of tattoos guess where the paperwork would go.
We're beginning to get a bit off topic, but I recall an article in The Wall Street Journal several years ago saying that many companies were finding they had to change their old policies regarding tattoos because there were so many applicants with them now. Same thing has happened at beauty pageants, where they formerly banned implants.

Hey, I'm of the same generation, and understand your feelings, however it was our generation that said, "The times they are a'changin'."

As someone who has managed teams and projects as well as run a business I can say that appearance issues, such as tattoos, may matter for a few types of positions however for the most part I could care less about what someone looks like as long as they do a good job. I have seen plenty of clean cut, well spoken, and/or well educated people who were completely worthless as employees. I have also seen plenty of people who others would not have given much of a chance however these people turn out to be some of the best co-workers or employees I have ever had the pleasure of working with.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
" I have also seen plenty of people who others would not have given much of a chance however these people turn out to be some of the best co-workers or employees I have ever had the pleasure of working with.'

That is 100 % true.
But in most cases when you advertise what you were, where you have been and where you are going all over your body isn't what I would call a good risk.
I'm speaking of LOTS of tattoos not just one or two.
Do I profile, hell yes.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I meant on clothing, silly! :p :rolleyes: :) Z
Oh, ok, I was wondering how many strands of silk you would use on something like that! Now with a tattoo there is an opportunity to make a little $$! Have a tattoo of a company's logo, in this case let's suppose it's Elio, and have it placed on a prominent part of your body and charge rent. Sort of like a walking billboard. Of course, you will need to be happy with the tattoo and its location for a few years to come!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As someone who has managed teams and projects as well as run a business I can say that appearance issues, such as tattoos, may matter for a few types of positions however for the most part I could care less about what someone looks like as long as they do a good job. I have seen plenty of clean cut, well spoken, and/or well educated people who were completely worthless as employees. I have also seen plenty of people who others would not have given much of a chance however these people turn out to be some of the best co-workers or employees I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
I agree with you. I have learned not to judge a book or a person by its cover. If it is a position where something like that really matters, they can cover the tatoos (most of them) with clothing. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
just curious .... has Elio Motors copyrighted/trademarked pictures/drawings/silhouettes/other representations of their product .... if so, have they expressed any concerns with using them without permission

Jim
The Elio Emblem is trademarked. I do know eliowear.com has permission to use it in the shirts and caps they create. I suspect they had to pay a licensing fee but that is just a guess. :-) Z

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm a bit biased on this one. My daughter has a number of tattoos and partial sleeves (tattoos that go down to the wrist is considered a "sleeve") and know for a fact that tattoos and the ability to do a job of any sort (white/blue collar) have nothing to do with each other. I also know that for some it may cause red flags to appear but thankfully today's attitude towards tattoos and those who wear them have drastically changed. I don't have any or want to get one but, that's just me.

Top Bottom