• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Xr3; Build It Yourself Three Wheeler?

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 2799

And to date, I think there are about 3 that have been or are close to being completed.
My take on it.. .(tandom seating of course!)
View attachment 2798
x3citri3-jpg.2798

I think this is a really good upgrade to the design.

I have checked the website the XR3 three wheel car. It seems the site is suspended.
Robert Q Riley - Facebook.
I have checked their page on Facebook but have not got a response to what happened to their website.
It is a shame since there are some plans for neat looking cars.

I think one could still get the plans at this site; Build and Fly - XR3.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
x3citri3-jpg.2798

I think this is a really good upgrade to the design.

I have checked the website the XR3 three wheel car. It seems the site is suspended.
Robert Q Riley - Facebook.
I have checked their page on Facebook but have not got a response to what happened to their website.
It is a shame since there are some plans for neat looking cars.

I think one could still get the plans at this site; Build and Fly - XR3.

While I like the looks of this one, I'm afraid for some of us older people getting in and out might be a problem. It also looks like a rear engine design so it would be pretty bad to drive in the winter on snowy roads.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll comment on this. This one is best as a FWD EV with left and right motors. With oversized motor you can go with stepped belts and one gearing. With one gear set, you won't go over 110mph, but who really needs that?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I love this quote:
Branden CareyNo, were keeping the investment low by staying with one drive system. A future model could provide us other opportunities. IAV designed the new engine. Codey, who worked on this says we'll use E85 in this current engine. IAV actually does engines for major manufacturers. That VW small VW prototype for one. It got well over 100mpg as I remember.

Oh how quickly we forget, and how easily we change our minds.

Jerome VassalloThe credit card is like a sign then drive purchase! Great meeting you. Hey, thanks for taking so much time visiting with us. Please come on back and visit us as we progress!

clearpixel.gif

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Ari, right there at the end you have an open invitation to go back and ask "what's happening"
Are you going to take him up on his offer?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ari, right there at the end you have an open invitation to go back and ask "what's happening"
Are you going to take him up on his offer?
After reading everything EM says over time, it's obvious they are very disciplined and controlled about what they say.
And that was back when things were less dramatic,
So I don't believe there is a chance in hell they will say anything new to me.

Maybe on the sly, I could sneak into that engineering firm that did the body design and see if they say anything interesting. But as long as they have a non-disclosure, it will be just like before, i.e. they were even more controlled about talking off the cuff than EM was.

Top Bottom