• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wine :)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife is the wine drinker. She got me a wine making kit for christmas.:)
This batch is a wild berry zin, it's from a kit.
So you make the wine and she drinks it. Interesting arrangement. LOL Being from a kit, does that mean you don't use your own freshly picked fruit? Well obviously with the winter you have had it is unlikely you could use freshly picked fruit but maybe picked last summer, frozen and then used now. It has been many years since I drank wine so I'm not familiar with the nuances of flavors, aromas, etc. I stick with water, teas, milk, hot cacao and an occasional Coca Cola (my poison of choice). Enjoy your wine making. :-) Z

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So you make the wine and she drinks it. Interesting arrangement. LOL Being from a kit, does that mean you don't use your own freshly picked fruit? Well obviously with the winter you have had it is unlikely you could use freshly picked fruit but maybe picked last summer, frozen and then used now. It has been many years since I drank wine so I'm not familiar with the nuances of flavors, aromas, etc. I stick with water, teas, milk, hot cacao and an occasional Coca Cola (my poison of choice). Enjoy your wine making. :) Z
Not good enough for the fresh fruit mix yet. I made my own batch of rootbeer from a kit aswell. It was quite good. Will be mixing a batch of Red Pop on Sunday.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife is the wine drinker. She got me a wine making kit for christmas.:)
This batch is a wild berry zin, it's from a kit.
I had a lady friend once in Yellowknife that made some very good zin from a kit. Seems like she made 6 gal batches as well. I helped her bottle once, never again. From that point forward I just stayed out of her way!

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a lady friend once in Yellowknife that made some very good zin from a kit. Seems like she made 6 gal batches as well. I helped her bottle once, never again. From that point forward I just stayed out of her way!
It's good fun. Around $3 a bottle. We take a couple bottles out to the cabin and sit around the fire on Friday nights. Way cheaper than going out.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just racked off 6 gal. of homemade wine. :)

Excerpt from: "The Selected Poems of Li Po" "Facing Wine"

Never refuse wine I'm telling you,
people come smiling in spring winds:

peach & plum like old fiends. their
open blossoms scattering toward me,

singing orioles in jade-green trees,
& moonlight probing gold wine jars.

Yesterday we were flush with youth,
& today white hair's an onslaught.

Bramble's overgrown Shih-hu Temple,
& deer roam Ku-su Terrace ruins:

it's always been like this, yellow dust