• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wind Drag

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I listened to the Jan 2013, Driver Talk Radio show, it talks of the Elio having a drag number of 2.3 that is wonderful.

What I don't know and can't seem to locate, in Jan. 2013 were they speaking of the P3 or P4?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I listened to the Jan 2013, Driver Talk Radio show, it talks of the Elio having a drag number of 2.3 that is wonderful.

What I don't know and can't seem to locate, in Jan. 2013 were they speaking of the P3 or P4?

I think maybe you've got the decimal in the wrong position. My Subaru SVX has a DC of .29 (lower the better). I would "estimate" that the Elio 'might' be half of that, according to Paul's statements that having half the frontal sq. footage = half the drag.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think maybe you've got the decimal in the wrong position. My Subaru SVX has a DC of .29 (lower the better). I would "estimate" that the Elio 'might' be half of that, according to Paul's statements that having half the frontal sq. footage = half the drag.

Well if it is .23 that is fine, I still wonder which vehicle they were speaking on at that time?

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
? I thought drag CD was a 0-1 scale. What are they referring to by 2.3?

This 2.3 figure may be the effective square feet of frontal area. It is calculated by the shape factor Cd multiplied by the raw frontal area.

Or it could be the 0.23 Cd figure and someone misplaced a decimal, as was said above.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

When in January was it recorded? The P4 was released in mid to late January, if I remember correctly. :) Z

It was released during the Sun Dance Film Festival (I think that is the one in Park City, UT).

Top Bottom