• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Will The Elio Be This Much Fun To Drive?

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Climate control and price is a clear win for the Elio. My only interest in comparison was for ride, handling, and performance. I think the Elio will have a similar feel and be a hoot to drive.
Ash-frame-3-wheeler-626x834.jpg
3-wheeler-shells-626x469.jpg

At least the Elio wont suffer from termites.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the Elio is close to the performance and feel of the Three Wheeler Morgan in this video it will be a blast to drive!

Back to the future! Morgan started out with one like this -- 2 cylinder in a V up front, one drive wheel in back. Basically, a motorcycle motor with a body behind it ... went pretty well too from what I've heard. But this Morgan has 80% more horsepower than the Elio, costs $40,000 or so, and doesn't even have a roof. I'd love one -- but not in England where it rains and rains.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Isn't it amazing that in this day and age with all of the new composites and high grade materials Morgan is still using wood.
That is a prime example of doing it "old school"! :thumb:
I had a Marcos GT -- plywood frame, fibreglas chasis, adjustable pedals, 116 horsepower Volvo B18B engine, weighed 1200 pounds, and went like hell delivering 25mpg. It was a hoot.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Isn't it amazing that in this day and age with all of the new composites and high grade materials Morgan is still using wood.
That is a prime example of doing it "old school"! :thumb:
mo.jpg

Did I mention that it's $47,000, those ash wood trees must be endangered or something.

Top Bottom