• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Will The Elio Be On Fast N Loud?

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking about something like this the other day. I'd like to see the Elio featured reviewed on Top Gear. But not by the guys hosting it now. I will always think of Top Gear as being done right when Jeremy Clarkson, John Hammond, And James May were the hosts. I could see them doing a great road test and review of the Elio. And they would likely do it with both professionalism, and a bit of humor as they often do. That said, even if Elio was not on Top Gear, they need to get the guys I mentioned back. top Gear is just not worth watching when they are not the hosts. At least in my opinion.
I haven't seen Brit Top Gear for a while, are The Boys no longer hosting or are you thinking of the American Top Gear? I have to admit, it took me a while to stop grousing about that program, but all in all, they are doing a pretty good job (working in the shadow of legends like they are). I think I would cringe when Clarkson got behind the wheel. I've never known him to be kind to any small car that couldn't get 0-60 in anywhere close to 5 seconds or handle like a Formula 1 racer and have a price $50k+. Anything below that would be mercilessly pummeled! The other two, especially May, would be more likely to be amenable to it.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank God Boyd Codington is dead. Don't you know he and Duane would not need Blue Bears help to screw this up. Even Charlie Hutton couldn't save this build. Let Danny Koker AKA The Count have this one. Then 20 years from now Let Chip Foose Overhaul it

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank God Boyd Codington is dead. Don't you know he and Duane would not need Blue Bears help to screw this up. Even Charlie Hutton couldn't save this build. Let Danny Koker AKA The Count have this one. Then 20 years from now Let Chip Foose Overhaul it
Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with Boyd, Duane, Charlie and Blue Bears. Give me a brief run down on who or in the case of Blue Bears, what they are. I'm afraid I'm only familiar with Danny and Chip. My car customization knowledge is pretty limited to compared to many people!

ncarter124

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking about something like this the other day. I'd like to see the Elio featured reviewed on Top Gear. But not by the guys hosting it now. I will always think of Top Gear as being done right when Jeremy Clarkson, John Hammond, And James May were the hosts. I could see them doing a great road test and review of the Elio. And they would likely do it with both professionalism, and a bit of humor as they often do. That said, even if Elio was not on Top Gear, they need to get the guys I mentioned back. top Gear is just not worth watching when they are not the hosts. At least in my opinion.
You do realize there is a Top Gear UK and Top Gear USA, right? Top Gear UK is still going and still hosted by Clarkson, Hammond and May. Top Gear USA is a separate show hosted by Adam Ferrara, Tanner Foust and Rutledge Wood.

ncarter124

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I'll give you that one! But the Count is a close second and just from a different direction.
Count is good too, don't get me wrong. Either of them would be great I think.

Need ........Dennis Cage to test drive the Elio.
clear.png
[Broken External Image]

Gauge would love it I think.

I haven't seen Brit Top Gear for a while, are The Boys no longer hosting or are you thinking of the American Top Gear? I have to admit, it took me a while to stop grousing about that program, but all in all, they are doing a pretty good job (working in the shadow of legends like they are). I think I would cringe when Clarkson got behind the wheel. I've never known him to be kind to any small car that couldn't get 0-60 in anywhere close to 5 seconds or handle like a Formula 1 racer and have a price $50k+. Anything below that would be mercilessly pummeled! The other two, especially May, would be more likely to be amenable to it.

Top Gear USA as a whole is decent. It will never be Top Gear USA but I don't think anyone expects it to. As a show it does well.

Also, Clarkson liked the Peel P50 so he might like the Elio, hard to say though.

Boyd died in 2008. From what I saw he was an a-hole.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From what I've read about him in the last little bit, it does sound that way. That's the advantage of relative anonyimity, you may be that less than pleasant person but only a few know it. If you are well known you either have to make it your trade mark and work it into your schtick (like Ramsey Gordon, chef) or it turns out to be the only thing people remember you by! I personally would prefer wealth to fame. I have neither, so I don't have to worry about intense scrutiny by the IRS or my fan base.

Top Bottom