• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why The Prototypes Have To Wait On The Engine

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you pay a company for both a product and service in advance, and that company fails to met a date you should have some compensation coming.
If not then once again who made that deal?
If delay was caused by IVA why would that have not been made clear at the time and reasons given. This is not a none of your business issue. Getting that engine start on time on video was very important to ELIO, after the announced delay in production. This was not a simple case of someone was late for work we will get at it tomorrow. The engine is the story right now, the chassis has been running around for some time with a GEO engine. Nothing much else was to happen until that engine was ready. As of today it is not
You didn't pay for a product, you made a non-refundable payment for the opportunity to possibly buy the E with no promise that you'd even get one, and don't forget our/me greed with the $500 "incentive" dangling- we could have just waited with no $ or want-in.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You didn't pay for a product, you made a non-refundable payment for the opportunity to possibly buy the E with no promise that you'd even get one, and don't forget our/me greed with the $500 "incentive" dangling- we could have just waited with no $ or want-in.
I believe Smitty was referring to Elio paying IVA for a product / service. Where if IVA delayed the roll-out of that service, then Elio may be due for some compensation. I'm putting words in his mouth.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Word on Face Book that some have got a non refundable refund. Any news here?

"My current outlook will change with a funding secured news release. I guess I will stop speculating on all of the other speculation, unless it's all positive, until I hear news that funding is confirmed. Highly likely, but the clock is ticking."

I think more and more may be thinking your way Rickb.

Think I may send in for a refund and to see how loud they scream.
You believe Facebook?

mag44

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I find Facebook to have the same quality of information as on here. Are members on here BONDED to tell the truth?
Are some members on here posting on Facebook? YES

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
my apology all 'round- that's a signal for me to check in with the rest of the world and see you all later- getting set for the Friday blog,I can save everybody the time to read it- it will be
1. It's a repeat 1a. great news
2. nothing defined 2a. more than I needed to know
3. Told you...(+) 3a. Told you ( - )
4. nothing about the $ 4a. nothing about the money
5. The engine will start 5a. The engine won't start
6. Will see you on tour in Boston next week 6a but you won't be able to see us (under a gazzilion inches of snow)

later

Reactions: PJ

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If IAV was the issue with the engine delay, why didn't Elio Motor's just say that?.....

Because EM is the "little fish" in the "big pond". EM has a "relationship/partnership" with all of their suppliers. As has been said (on several occasions), It is not smart to throw your "partners" under the bus.

Last edited:

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you pay a company for both a product and service in advance, and that company fails to met a date you should have some compensation coming.
If not then once again who made that deal?
If delay was caused by IVA why would that have not been made clear at the time and reasons given. This is not a none of your business issue. Getting that engine start on time on video was very important to ELIO, after the announced delay in production. This was not a simple case of someone was late for work we will get at it tomorrow. The engine is the story right now, the chassis has been running around for some time with a GEO engine. Nothing much else was to happen until that engine was ready. As of today it is not

Unless of course, part of the deal for getting IAV to actually take on a customer as small as Elio was 'we can work with you, but will honor our long time customers if they have an emergency, and need to put you on hold and get back to you as soon as possible' clause.

I was also wondering what unfiltered communication from Elio might have looked like and been interpreted in this situation.....

How it's written.
Dear Elio reservation holders we are writing to inform you that IAV had to bump us from our public testing time slot due to one their larger customers having an emergency, we will endeavor to reschedule as soon as possible.

How it's interpreted.
Don't let your key fob hit the steering column in your Audi, BMW, Chrysler, VW, Fiat, Ford, etc, etc, etc.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been experiencing some questioning gloom (NOT DOOM) over the past three weeks after some 6 + years of totally positive support. What makes the above statements from various member's posts saying I heard this or I heard that from EM authoritative? Maybe the tone is authoritative but the information itself leaves question in my mind. If IAV was the issue with the engine delay, why didn't Elio Motor's just say that? EM is the direct cause of wonder for me and I agree EM needs to improve their handling of news releases.

My current outlook will change with a funding secured news release. I guess I will stop speculating on all of the other speculation, unless it's all positive, until I hear news that funding is confirmed. Highly likely, but the clock is ticking.

I don't know of anyone who supports EM that hasn't experienced some degree of uneasiness as a result of some recent events .... I concur that EM's manner of releasing info on some of the recent releases leaves much to be desired .... further, some of those releases have contributed heavily to the air of uncertainty so many are experiencing .... all that being said, the people on the inside know more than those on the outside .... those on the outside are guessing .... I really don't mind folks presenting opinions, so long as they are presented as such .... its when they present them as being more than that I have a problem .... bottom line, to me there is a big difference in relating information from a source who works in EM or is in a position to know for sure and relating information that was plucked out of thin are .... in my book information related from folks in a position to know is much for authoritative

Top Bottom