• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Who Are Our Moderators?

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Music Man, thanks for your commitment to our fallen compatriots. May we never forget them.
They will always have that special place in my heart, Jim, while the memories of how they got there will haunt me forever.

Not their fault. . . . . , I love them all. . . . . . . It was Gods plan. . . . . . . . , but why them?

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They will always have that special place in my heart, Jim, while the memories of how they got there will haunt me forever.

Not their fault. . . . . , I love them all. . . . . . . It was Gods plan. . . . . . . . , but why them?
Music Man, "Ours is not to question why, ours is to do or die!" Not sure where or when I heard that in my life, or even who said it. I do know it was somewhere on an Army Post before 1971. I was Never sure what it ment, until I put on the uniform myself!
Know that the men you tried to save, we're not your failer as a corpman but your selfless act for humanity! You have suffered long enough my friend, find peace within and try to let go of the ghosts that haunt you. If you haven't already done so, I have heard from others, that a trip to " The Wall " gave them the peace they had longed for!
I wish you peace in this life time, my Brother in Arms!

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Music Man, "Ours is not to question why, ours is to do or die!" Not sure where or when I heard that in my life, or even who said it. I do know it was somewhere on an Army Post before 1971. I was Never sure what it ment, until I put on the uniform myself!
QUOTE]
It comes from The Charge of the Light Brigade" is an 1854 narrative poem by Alfred, Lord Tennyson

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Man plans his life, and GOD laughs! " Quote from Grandma when things didn't go according to plan! :)
Grandma was paraphrasing an old Yiddish proverb, "Man plans and God laughs." I heard it growing up in Cleveland.

"It is unbecoming for young men to utter maxims."
- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)
Guess that is why we hear the useful ones from the older generations.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Grandma was paraphrasing an old Yiddish proverb, "Man plans and God laughs." I heard it growing up in Cleveland.

"It is unbecoming for young men to utter maxims." Guess that is why we hear the useful ones from the older generations.
- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)
Grandma was Lutheran but she loved throwing that at Grandpa ( devout catholic ) who made the plans, that didn't always pan out!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
ElioOwnersMods.jpeg

Look who had dinner together in Atlanta tonight. On the left we have our founder Okuma Steve, moderator Goofyone in the center, and on the right we have another friendly moderator Joshua Caldwell. :cool:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Look who got together for dinner in Atlanta tonight. On the left we have our founder Okuma Steve, moderator Goofyone in the center, and on the right we have another friendly moderator Joshua Caldwell. :cool:
Nice to see and meet all of you. Too bad Buckey Jake couldn't have joined you. I noticed CaliChris is no longer on the moderator list. I'm sorry he dropped off. :) Z

I don't know, goofyone - first no helmet and now no beard. This may take some time to getting used to. :rolleyes:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice to see and meet all of you. Too bad Buckey Jake couldn't have joined you. I noticed CaliChris is no longer on the moderator list. I'm sorry he dropped off. :) Z

I don't know, goofyone - first no helmet and now no beard. This may take some time to getting used to. :rolleyes:

We invited Jake but he already had plans to visit his son this weekend. Maybe next time! :)

The beard is seasonal and will likely make an appearance again in the next month or two. My current bearded profile photo is from a New Years 2014 party. :D

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We invited Jake but he already had plans to visit his son this weekend. Maybe next time! :)

The beard is seasonal and will likely make an appearance again in the next month or two. My current bearded profile photo is from a New Years 2014 party. :D
I wondered since most beard wearers I have known kept them in the winter and shaved them in the summer. Unless they kept them year around. I think it is cool you all got to meet. I know how much it meant to me to meet Proud to Be, J9Design and Jambe in Portland. I loved making those connections. :-) Z

Top Bottom