• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Will An Elio Take You?

Gregw

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Seems almost daily I think of a place I want to visit, not just that destination but all the places along the way. Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, 4500 miles from my house, 9000 miles round trip. At an average of 70 mpg and $2 gas, That's about $250, I can afford that! What an adventure. I'm a camper, so remove the back seat and arrange a perfect camping kit to fit the space and away I go. Bounce from state park to state park making my way north. Anyway, that what Elio will be for me.
Where will Elio take you?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
we won't know until we ride in ours just how far we will feel comfortable traveling .... its ride quality and degree of claustrophobic feel in the back seat will be critical factors .... worst case, we will tow it to that area where we want to ride and go from there

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seems almost daily I think of a place I want to visit, not just that destination but all the places along the way. Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, 4500 miles from my house, 9000 miles round trip. At an average of 70 mpg and $2 gas, That's about $250, I can afford that! What an adventure. I'm a camper, so remove the back seat and arrange a perfect camping kit to fit the space and away I go. Bounce from state park to state park making my way north. Anyway, that what Elio will be for me.
Where will Elio take you?

A lot of the small towns in the Midwest have free campgrounds. They expect you to buy some groceries and/or gas and I was always willing to do so.
When you get ready to go on your trip let me know and I can steer you to some nice camping places between here and North Dakota and some of them will be free. Hell, for that matter you can camp in my back yard if that works. The Omaha area looks to be on your way. You have to come driving up in an Elio, of course ;-). Larry

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Distance will be determined by the ride quality .I like long road trips and this may or may not be the best choice .I plan on semi retiring in a few years so I plan to hit the road and see The US and Canada

Top Bottom