• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Are The Jack Points?

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What about the points to place a jack to change a tire?

My Porsche 912 and 914 have one jack point on each side and the jack will lift both wheels, on that side, off the ground. The elio is lighter but that cannot happen, because that would leave only one wheel on the ground which would be unstable. I assume they will have three jack points, one for each of the three wheels. Which side will the rear wheel jack point be on, or will the rear wheel cowling have to be remove to access that jack point.

I hope they have not forgotten about the jack points. If you think big obvious oversights don't happen in big projects, just check out military projects!
I was told at the L.A. Auto Show that the rear tire cowl will swing open on one side for access to the tire. I would only assume this means we wouldn't have to remove said cowling for tire replacement. Then again stranger things have happened in my life.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
..Does anyone know what kind of jack they will be using? Can it fit under the drivers seat?
I was told at the L.A. Auto Show that the rear tire cowl will swing open on one side for access to the tire. I would only assume this means we wouldn't have to remove said cowling for tire replacement. Then again stranger things have happened in my life.
Do you know what kind of jack they are using and where it is going to be stored to change tires? Will it fit under the front seat?

champsman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
..Does anyone know what kind of jack they will be using? Can it fit under the drivers seat?

Do you know what kind of jack they are using and where it is going to be stored to change tires? Will it fit under the front seat?

In all my many years of buying motorcycles NONE ever had a jack. Elio licenses as a motorcycle, therefore NO jack.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In all my many years of buying motorcycles NONE ever had a jack. Elio licenses as a motorcycle, therefore NO jack.

Just my 2 cents worth.
##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Elio.jpe

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Jul 5, 15:20 EDT

Hey
Thanks for getting back to us.
Similar to most new vehicles on the market today, the Elio will not come with a spare tire. A charged can of tire sealant will be included with your Elio to assist in getting you safely to the nearest tire repair facility.

Best,
The Elio Team

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A jack? The thing only weighs 1,200#... So, maybe 400# per tire... you could probably get by with one of those lifting triangles where you just put it under there and step on it to lift the car. It over-centers a little and stays up on the triangle. You'd simply push the car to get it off the "jack". Easy Peasy.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A jack? The thing only weighs 1,200#... So, maybe 400# per tire... you could probably get by with one of those lifting triangles where you just put it under there and step on it to lift the car. It over-centers a little and stays up on the triangle. You'd simply push the car to get it off the "jack". Easy Peasy.
A jack to rotate the front tires and if you have a trailer with a spare to rotate them also along with changing them. Do you have any information on this lifting triangle?

Top Bottom