• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Will We Be Able To Put More Money Toward Our Reservations?

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just for an FYI; in 2013 (or was that 2012?) when they started taking deposits; there were some people that wanted to do a "Paid in Full" reservation; EM wouldn't take it. It has always been that $1K was the max amount that Paul and EM would allow.
Why that is; you'd have to talk to Paul and ask him.

It makes sense that they would not do a "Paid In Full" since they still do not know what the final base price will be, and then the options on top of that. I like the idea of just socking away a little each month in a savings account that gets interest, or split that into savings and stock.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seems to me that Paul, et al. would want that extra cash on hand. Must be a regulation or something.
I think more likely it is an image and trust issue. As it is, lots of the uninformed cry "scam!" over the Elio project. If Elio started accepting full payment before they had a product available, then it might look even more like they were either desperate or just in it to scam people out of a quick buck.

I'm fine with waiting. They are averaging about 20 reservations a day, which is quite a cashflow as it is and has been supporting their daily operations these last few years.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seems to me that Paul, et al. would want that extra cash on hand. Must be a regulation or something.

It's odd there would need to be a regulation for that. It only makes good sense to save money for a large down payment or to pay cash to buy a vehicle, but what makes no sense is why anybody would want to fork over full payment to a new startup for a concept vehicle in the "Forward Thinking" qualified stage of development mode. Heck, my preference is to see it in the Elio Store and take a test drive to help determine comfort, fit, finish, performance, handling, and know the specifications and cost with options before considering the purchase.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It's odd there would need to be a regulation for that. It only makes good sense to save money for a large down payment or to pay cash to buy a vehicle, but what makes no sense is why anybody would want to fork over full payment to a new startup for a concept vehicle in the "Forward Thinking" qualified stage of development mode. Heck, my preference is to see it in the Elio Store and take a test drive to help determine comfort, fit, finish, performance, handling, and know the specifications and cost with options before considering the purchase.
Maybe "If I pay in full, do I get first in line?"

DrewBarfield

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want this to happen!! Especially after the Infinite Skyz webinar last Saturday!

I asked if the project was open source and if I could write extensions for it. The speaker said it's not open source yet, but extensions are possible. It may be open source later though.

I get kinda excited about geeky stuff! :)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I just want this to happen!! Especially after the Infinite Skyz webinar last Saturday!

I asked if the project was open source and if I could write extensions for it. The speaker said it's not open source yet, but extensions are possible. It may be open source later though.

I get kinda excited about geeky stuff! :)
Ummm it really doesn't have much more than what's on the market all ready (and for a lot less than $2K)
I wasn't impressed.

Top Bottom