• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Will They Go In To Production?

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How old is to old to wait? I will not walk away! Just burn my ass, put my ashes in an urn, take me for a ride in my Elio, and dump me in the desert! :car:
OH, I'll wait for my E, but I'll not be hanging around waiting for any scraps of info on IF it will ever come.

I am here for the duration. There has never been an affordable vehicle like the Elio. Every refinement should make the production vehicle even better. I started saving for the Elio when I went All-in. If it takes another year I will not need any financing. Good things come to those that wait.
When I get the call, I WILL answer :D

I agree, I have 10K stuck in a safe, and try my best to forget it's there.
As far as I can is another year, then there is no telling what happens.
I can use the money in many other ways, but don't want to. I want to forget it's there, but I also want my last new car.
Another year is about as long as I can afford to sit on that, and forget about it; after that year, it's a free for all.
The news about the company gets filed and forgotten. After that ..... well that's about as long as I can go.
I too have to $$ growing in an account, but I won't let is sit there forever !!!

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
By many accounts, one being a poll on this site, I think, we are mostly a fairly 'senior' crowd. I bet our average age is around 60 or a little higher. I have to wonder how many of us died? Kinda morbid but all the readership falling off the various sites can't be just losing hope....
And, without any personal experience with owning and driving an Elio...
We've simply run out of things to talk about.

Chris Los

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I bought a used Leaf a year and a half ago. Frankly the best completely hassle free car I've ever driven. Many of the early adopters most likely have had to make alternative plans at this point. If the Elio is ever made, I will buy at least one (I have 2 all ins i1000/100). I expect as a curiosity it will be a good investment regardless if I ever drive it myself. That said, the buzz for this product is LONG over and I am sure more all ins beside Z have passed away. Off topic - Is there a list of forum people from the past that are no longer with us? Even a year ago posting a negative comment would bring on an attack. At this point the response is shall we say muted. I am not holding my breath and stop by here periodically to see if any news - but it seems this board is running it's course absent any concrete time line. In spite of this I would say positive folks. It has been fun to dream about being on the ground floor of a new car company, but there is a reason there are so damn few. Good luck folks and I still am pulling for good news.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Chris, what your saying sounds realistic, but then again, it's not.
There are some people that have been on here that will tap me for the latest news and when they hear "no change" they disappear back into the shadows. So there are a lot of people still on here, that just aren't vocal at all.
Can you really blame them? They stop in to hear the latest news, and then leave because of the low life's that have to fill their time with some kind of jabber. I can't blame them at all, and you know that's true.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
# 2937, When production starts, the supply chain must be operational. Suppliers should start six months before
Elio production. Any indication or activity from the suppliers?? (engine, drivetrain, seats, tires, on and on)
All supply chains definitely need to be in place, but not making supplies, they usually come in " Just In Time" .

Top Bottom