1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

What's The Latest?

Discussion in 'General Elio Discussion' started by DrewBarfield, Oct 1, 2020.

1. DrewBarfield

DrewBarfield Elio Enthusiast

Reservation #:
    I'm here because I got an email from this board. I'm surprised it still exists.

What's the lastest production date?

I assumed some time ago that the car will never be built and just walked away. $1,000 down the toilet.

Now, I'm looking to get an Aptera.
    https://www.aptera.us/

2. FC

FC Elio Aficionado

Reservation #:
    Why not a Tesla?, from what I seen it will be about the same price.

3. DrewBarfield

DrewBarfield Elio Enthusiast

Reservation #:
    I like the way it looks and for every hour in the sun, you get 7+ miles of driving range.

4. Elio Amazed

Elio Amazed Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    THE "NEW" APTERA? "...and for every hour in the sun, you get 7+ miles of driving range."

Correction: For every hour in the sun you get NOTHING. At least not until they prove it to be so.
    They have NOT built a working prototype of the "New" (and to my mind, impossible to achieve in the physical world) Aptera yet.

No disrespect intended, but didn't you learn your lesson from Elio Motors?
    If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.

I don't care who owned the company when they went belly up ten years or so ago, leaving many investors in the lurch..
    The original people who ultimately let that happen ONCE AGAIN trying to sell you a car THAT DEFIES THE LAWS OF BOTH NATURE AND FINANCE!

5. LillyMayPatterson #1685 & #5648

LillyMayPatterson #1685 & #5648 Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    #1685 & #5648 AND #17,748
    I also received your email. I'm still here, NE OHIO with my goats, chickens and now retired husband. The Granddaughters have all grown and went on with their lives. Sure they've given up on Crazy Old GrandMother's dream, if they even remember. These days I am watching the Lordstown Motor Plant come in to make the Endurance Electric Pickup trucks. They are still in position to help out Workhorse make their USPS electric delivery trucks in / from Loveland, OHIO if need be. And just between me and my old friends here, I am hoping Lordstown Motor Plant will someday, maybe two or three years from now, slip Paul Elio in the back door to make our Elios. So Yeah, I still believe in Elio. I still wear my T-Shirts. This Saturday is my anniversary of buying my first elio reservation #1685, 2013.

John-b-gone, Jambe, Eli and 3 others like this.
  6. Geo

Geo Elio Fan

So Yeah, I still believe in Elio. I still wear my T-Shirts. This Saturday is my anniversary of buying my first elio reservation #1685, 2013.[/QUOTE]

I used to also but it has worn out and is very tattered.. I've moved on. $1000 pissed away. I just hope Joe is enjoying the money he received. Writing off the $1000 as a bad investment. I was sorta hoping that the wife and I could have used it as a 'day tripper", instead of waiting for 'never' I bought a Goldwing Trike and the wife bought a Spyder. Now we are enjoying the 'trips'. If you noticed, Joe made the $1000 a 'non-refundable' option. Good one Joe....

7. Watashiwah

Watashiwah Elio Addict

Looks like Ohio might be getting $ 28million from GM to repay the state for costs and tax advantages: