• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Will Be The Primary Use For Your Elio?

Edward43

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm just curious. Since the Elio is primarily made for commuting to work or running errands what is the primary use for you getting this vehicle? I'm retired so my primary usage will be for play. Something to tinker with and cruise around visiting family members without using a lot of gas. Maybe even a budget tent camper for long trips.
That makes two of us visiting, tinkering, traveling.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jim, a member of a motorcycle forum that I frequent just posted this video of the trip he and his wife made to Alaska on a Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited - a rolling Barcalounger if ever there was one (it's what I ride, too)! <lol> IOW, it's a bike made for touring, not for any kind of off-road travels, and they really, really, really don't like gravel.

This video will give you a gazillion reasons for wanting to make the trip but, more importantly, it does a great job representing the types of roads you'll will see - paved roads built to modern standards. Don't worry about the wood-plank bridges he shows, they were intentional excursions off the main roads.
ks6c: Thanks for posting this fantastic video. My youngest son has 5 motorcycles including a big BMW 1500 (?) and a KTM 990. I sent him this link so he and his wife can consider this for one of their future trips. It certainly makes me want to take my Elio on the same trip.

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ks6c: Thanks for posting this fantastic video. My youngest son has 5 motorcycles including a big BMW 1500 (?) and a KTM 990. I sent him this link so he and his wife can consider this for one of their future trips. It certainly makes me want to take my Elio on the same trip.
Monday, June 13, 2016 - come on up to Denver because I've already blocked my calendar for a trip up the AlCan!

Top Bottom