• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

Bookly

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Now OTC says ‘Stop’ and has a warning. Is this another level of Pink? The earlier one just said ‘Pink’.
You'll find that "STOP" next to the quotes from a lot of OTC stocks. It simply means the company isn't issuing financial reports, which is indeed alarming. The 10b rule applies to any stock - it is illegal to trade on insider information. "Buying or selling this security on the basis of material nonpublic material information is prohibited" - that applies to any and all stocks.

This doesn't prohibit Paul from trading, although it could if his trade is caused by his knowledge of "material nonpublic material information."

That said, reality will stop Paul from trading. Who would buy his stock... at any price?

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You'll find that "STOP" next to the quotes from a lot of OTC stocks. It simply means the company isn't issuing financial reports, which is indeed alarming. The 10b rule applies to any stock - it is illegal to trade on insider information. "Buying or selling this security on the basis of material nonpublic material information is prohibited" - that applies to any and all stocks.

This doesn't prohibit Paul from trading, although it could if his trade is caused by his knowledge of "material nonpublic material information."

That said, reality will stop Paul from trading. Who would buy his stock... at any price?
If he traded he would be open to lawsuits. His not filing 10k puts investors at a disadvantage and I am sure the judge would have an easy ruling.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So where are the "secure Funds" that was to be in escrow for those folks who "wanted in" ??
Was it not to be placed in an account that would protect it????

I think that money is in escrow, IMHO the larger questions are:

1. Where is the contractual ‘consideration’ for a ‘spot in line,’ when there effectively was ‘no line?’

2. Is the reason there was ‘no line,’ malfeasance and/or misfeasance? Why did the ‘second round’ of abt. $125million not go to the fleet of test prototypes as presented?

3. What did ESG Engineering perform for their approx. $25million payout?

4. Given Hari Iyer’s experience with DoE ATVM loan applications and refusals, was yet another loan refusal anticipated? Should the ‘investor’ have better anticipated that ‘off the shelf’ meany essentially ‘no new (advanced) technology’?

5. Were ‘moving the goal posts’, i.e., that ‘65,000 reservationists to impress the DoE’ artful deception and/or an admission that Elio Motors did not, and would never, qualify for the Advanced Technology loan on it’s own ‘advanced technology’ merit?

6. The engine ‘carrot on a stick’: this is at the intersection of ego/business acumen/engineering and over-reaching. There were many ‘smokescreens’ and weirdly leaked videos keeping this tangent alive contrary to common sense need and possibilities.

7. No new information and no transparency. At what point did continuing to take ‘reservations’ possibly become a guise for viability and ‘avoiding painful questions’? Was that SEC Gag Order a complete fabrication? This one issue speaks strongly to the true intent.

Last edited:

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess I shoulda put Gag Order in quotation marks.... EM never said there was a formal Gag Order, they did infer, if not outright state, however, on numerous occasions that they could not discuss many things due to SEC rules. I think it is quite clear that they artfully ‘misinterpreted’ these ‘rules’ for their benefit. Regardless, EM, by any standard, was never (and is not presently) forthcoming with much info that reflected facts poorly but was excellent at allowing (and arguably promoting) erroneous and misleading info and rumors that served to help them and disingenuously enhance their image. That effort to get to that arbitrary threshold of 65,000 reservations to impress the DoE, and the ATVM Loan both ‘being in play’ but ‘unnecessary’ when it behooved them, are but two examples. In a subtle way, I believe that leaking the engine running in a dyno lab video was another example of fostering false hope: there EM could get the benefit of looking like progress was being made but ultimately, not held accountable enough to produce MPG efficiency projections. It is likely that Big Money wasn’t impressed with innuendo and smokescreens and is still waiting, like everyone else. for the real info and honesty.

No more money, or ‘we don’t know where all that money went,’ isn’t a defense or an explanation.

Last edited:

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess I shoulda put Gag Order in quotation marks.... EM never said there was a formal Gag Order, they did infer, however, numerous times that they could not discuss many things due to SEC rules. I think it is quite clear that they artfully ‘misinterpreted’ these ‘rules’ for their benefit. Regardless, EM, by any standard, was never (and is not presently) forthcoming with much info that reflected poorly but was excellent at allowing (and arguably promoting) info and rumors that helped them. That effort to get to that arbitrary threshold of 65,000 reservations to impress the DoE, and the ATVM Loan both ‘being in play’ but ‘unnecessary’ when it behooved them, are but two examples. In a subtle way, I believe that leaking the engine running in a dyno lab was another example of false hope: there EM could get the benefit of looking like progress was being made but not held accountable enough to produce MPG efficiency projections. It is likely that Big Money wasn’t impressed with innuendo and smokescreens and is still waiting for the real info and honesty.
I am fairly sure that building the car was not a priority, just the fund raising. We will get a better idea once they shut down and the lawsuits begin.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio was never, ever looked at any other way – other than a mass-produced vehicle. Did they go about it the best way? Apparently not. Can you mass produce anything, without a bunch of money?

If my end goal was to mass produce a car – I'd be raising funds on day one too. Hopefully, I would have spent it wiser. Then again, hindsight is great isn't it? Especially sitting behind a computer.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio was never, ever looked at any other way – other than a mass-produced vehicle. Did they go about it the best way? Apparently not. Can you mass produce anything, without a bunch of money?

If my end goal was to mass produce a car – I'd be raising funds on day one too. Hopefully, I would have spent it wiser. Then again, hindsight is great isn't it? Especially sitting behind a computer.
Elio and Hari Iyer were great at raising funds for businesses, nothing became of the funds except personal gain.

Top Bottom