• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Do These Numbers Mean?

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just because I like to confuse things ...

High performance race vehicles (e.g. Formula 1) can end up with a coefficient of drag greater than 1. Although, that's a special case where the aerodynamics are designed to provide downforce to help improve cornering at high speeds at the expense of fuel efficiency.

Gregw

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The key to low drag is laminar air flow, it can be counter intuitive. Turbulence on the back side of the car or in this case the front wheel linkage can make a big difference.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to see someone mod the Elio wheel fairings to look like these. You could actually show off some nice wheels this way, improve your aero, and have no problem checking your air pressure (at least for the fronts).

IMG_7052.PNG

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/15/11943486/formula-e-new-car-chassis-season-five

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking more along the lines of fairings that are affixed to the vehicle and the wheels free to rotate and turn. Adequate clearance would need to be addressed.
True. That should be possible and since the body is going to be steel, it shouldn't be THAT difficult for the welders in the group. Or should I say, the artistic welders?

Top Bottom