• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Color Elio Are You Getting?

NN4S

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
marchmadbracketfinal.jpg

The chart is a little misleading because the brackets don't represent the winner. But I look on the left will show all the placements:

#1 - Licorice
#2 - Marshmallow
#3 - Creamsicle
#4 - True Blue
#5 - Sour Apple
#6 - Rocket Silver
#7 - Red Hot
#8 - Mellow Yellow

http://eliomotors.wordpress.com/2014/04/04/the-champion-is-4414/

The survey was rigged! They claimed that the black was the favorite going in, brought yellow in as a "last gasp option" and then threw it up against black as opposed to some lesser or even medium-popular color.
poll.png

Despite this, it still polled more popular than some other colors in raw votes, but they tossed it (as they had already decided they were going to), apparently because they figured it would be too popular and thus too costly to allow them to meet their production price target.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The survey was rigged! They claimed that the black was the favorite going in, brought yellow in as a "last gasp option" and then threw it up against black as opposed to some lesser or even medium-popular color.
poll.png

Despite this, it still polled more popular than some other colors in raw votes, but they tossed it (as they had already decided they were going to), apparently because they figured it would be too popular and thus too costly to allow them to meet their production price target.

deliberately rigged the poll ..???.. they do have a legitimate interest in cutting cost .... if they reach the level of producing 250,000 units a year, finding a way of saving $1 on each would mount up in a hurry .... after spending some time looking, my color choice has changed .... at first look, blue looked good to me but the more I look at it, the less I like the blue matched with the black fender skirts .... I don't think its a matter of chance that the model they take on tour is Creamsicle (Orange) .... it really shows well and would be what I ordered if I had to make a choice today .... given the option of yellow, all that would change

Jim

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I know it has been posted a number of times, but after looking at the pic's this guy has created I will opt for 'custom' when the time comes. The base will be determined when the 'reality' gets closer. Too cool.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Elio...0635028288?sk=photos_stream&ref=page_internal

interesting link with some really nice looking paint jobs .... I'm sure there will be plenty of folks out there who will be interested in customizing the appearance of their Elio .... about all I might be prone to do is buy a set of P3 front tire fenders and get some nice looking wheels .... that said, at this point I really am not highly motivated to do anything but drive it .. :cool:

Jim

Keith Dahl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
funny story..kind of. in 1975 or so I was working in the kitchen of a black angus restaurant, I was the first employee there on a sunday except for the clean up guy. as I pulled into the parking lot in my 1972 orange opal gt the only other car there was the clean up guys orange 1972 opal gt. we had never met. the chef followed me in after a few minutes and got the biggest laugh...he had no mercy on me picking out a unique car that was parked next to an identical car. im tempted to go orange again to go full circle and let my friends who I still see from those days and who called my opal "the ant" partly because its headlights had a manual control handle which flipped them around and "out"and gave it a bug eye look which it didn't have when they were recessed. but green is my fave color so if I had to decide today I would go green. (sour apple).

Keith Dahl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
interesting link with some really nice looking paint jobs .... I'm sure there will be plenty of folks out there who will be interested in customizing the appearance of their Elio .... about all I might be prone to do is buy a set of P3 front tire fenders and get some nice looking wheels .... that said, at this point I really am not highly motivated to do anything but drive it .. :cool:

Jim
fun to look at, thx

Top Bottom