• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Walmart Advanced Vehicle Experience Concept Truck

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We have been seeing drawings of truck like that for the last 20 years. Maybe someday. But wrong way to go IMO. Freight needs to move by rail then broken down to smaller not larger trucks for delivery. To many over sized trucks on the road now.
I stopped shipping freight by rail when delays, which had ALWAYS been unpredictable, topped 6 weeks. I absolutely hate to say this, but I think the only thing that would fix rail is to nationalize it, because today's hodge-podge of competing interests, different standards and no real national clearinghouse or dispatch center keep the system pathetically broken. JMHO.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I stopped shipping freight by rail when delays, which had ALWAYS been unpredictable, topped 6 weeks. I absolutely hate to say this, but I think the only thing that would fix rail is to nationalize it, because today's hodge-podge of competing interests, different standards and no real national clearinghouse or dispatch center keep the system pathetically broken. JMHO.
The industry has changed a lot . Doing a lot of just in time shipping now. Nationalizing any thing is a sure way to force tax payers to foot the bill for something that does not work. Like AMTRAK.

Top Bottom