• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Walmart Advanced Vehicle Experience Concept Truck

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how long it will be before we see trucks like this on the road .... I doubt WalMart would spend this level of money if they weren't serious about the project

Link to a Remarkable Concept Truck from WalMart

Well.............. So much for a "Cab over Pete with a refer on And a Jimmy haulin' hogs".
Don't think that new one will join the Convoy.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen that truck before, and it wasn't a Wal-Mart truck then. And when I say before, I mean like 10 to 15 maybe even 20 years ago. They were doing a design competition for a more efficient semi; that cab was a German design presentation.
I'll have to go digging to see if I can find the original story.

Reactions: Ekh

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
****** Side track warning *********

While looking for that information, I ran across this:

My search was advanced high efficiency semi's

************ Now we return you to the original topic ***************

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The trucking industry is under pressure to get better fuel mileage and reduce emissions. Aerodynamics is their friend, too. Seems like I saw a concept (model, not full scale) similar to this from GM 20 years ago at Epcot Center. Can't find a picture of it, though. Might have one from my camera, but that means digging through boxes of old photos/negatives. Assuming I can even find the boxes.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Production model from 25 years ago - Pete was getting 10+ mpg out of them in fully loaded cross country tests. H-D had a fleet of them back in the day. State length rules relaxing and a shortage of drivers killed them. The big fleets went conventional (hood) trucks to keep/attract drivers and the cabover died.

372 Peterbilt, from 1988.

97f7661a98b6f5a3fca75bf0e2248066.jpg

Reactions: Ekh

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We have been seeing drawings of truck like that for the last 20 years. Maybe someday. But wrong way to go IMO. Freight needs to move by rail then broken down to smaller not larger trucks for delivery. To many over sized trucks on the road now.

Top Bottom