• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Vote For The Elgin Dash

Vote for Elgin Dash

• Love it

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • Hate it

Votes: 59 50.4%
  • Mixed feelings

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • I'm always too wishy-washy to choose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have an opinion 'cause I don't care

Votes: 13 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rather than honor his father with the Lord Elgin inspired dash, he could just name the car the Elio Elgin... lol

...still better than: "And now, introducing the Elio the Elio" Yes, the the Elio will be made by Elio...
"I'm driving the Mustang over there" becomes "I'm driving the the Elio over there."
Elgin is a good name.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The configurator now has a HUD as an option. My question now is this: Does the availability of a HUD negate some of the Elgin hatred? People who complained about not being able to see the numbers for the speed and tach now will be able to see it quite clearly. Well? Another poll? Kidding... No more polls, please.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The description of the HUD makes it look almost like an alternative to the Skyz system. It connects to your existing cell phone so you can read text messages while keeping your eyes on the road, it connects to backup cameras etc, it has "gesture controls" (whatever that means).... It seems to be a fully-featured device but without the Skyz price. I might consider it :)

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The description of the HUD makes it look almost like an alternative to the Skyz system. It connects to your existing cell phone so you can read text messages while keeping your eyes on the road, it connects to backup cameras etc, it has "gesture controls" (whatever that means).... It seems to be a fully-featured device but without the Skyz price. I might consider it :)
So you can read text messages while keeping your eyes on the road??? There is no such thing.
Isn't that like saying I keep my car stereo volume level on 9 instead of 10 just in case I might need to hear a train?
I'm out there on my bike and I want someone coming up behind me reading text messages on their HUD?
I seriously don't think so... Get ready for the fatalities to skyrocket.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So you can read text messages while keeping your eyes on the road??? There is no such thing.
Isn't that like saying I keep my car stereo volume level on 9 instead of 10 just in case I might need to hear a train?
I'm out there on my bike and I want someone coming up behind me reading text messages on their HUD?

I guess I ass.u.me'd that you would read them on the HUD. It mentions linking to your phone to "stay connected" with family etc. So it might simply be a voice intercom-style system, or perhaps even video-call. Or some modern car systems read your text messages to you with a computer voice.

Which has got me thinking...this might be an Apple CarPlay / Android Auto capable device. That would be nice. All the cool cars are doing it :p

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No. That would not be good. phones can already know when you are driving or riding... it just knows you can't run that fast. Mine says "New text message from ____. Say Listen to hear it." My phone is just about 2 years old so I'm guessing anyone who really WANTS to keep in touch that much probably can. I don't get a lot of texts but when we were traveling across country with my daughter and wife driving separately from me, it was quite handy to have as many areas had such poor service that voice calls wouldn't go through. (My daughter's car doesn't have Bluetooth connectivity so my wife and I only contacted her sister who was riding shotgun as navigator. It was also kind of funny as my wife and I were using voice for inputing texts so we were completely hands free. You'd get a text that would read out like "Eyes half two pea cans with the next top." (I have to pee. Can we stop?"

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No. That would not be good. phones can already know when you are driving or riding... it just knows you can't run that fast. Mine says "New text message from ____. Say Listen to hear it." My phone is just about 2 years old so I'm guessing anyone who really WANTS to keep in touch that much probably can. I don't get a lot of texts but when we were traveling across country with my daughter and wife driving separately from me, it was quite handy to have as many areas had such poor service that voice calls wouldn't go through. (My daughter's car doesn't have Bluetooth connectivity so my wife and I only contacted her sister who was riding shotgun as navigator. It was also kind of funny as my wife and I were using voice for inputing texts so we were completely hands free. You'd get a text that would read out like "Eyes half two pea cans with the next top." (I have to pee. Can we stop?"

That's going to play well in your voice activated automatic self driving car. Remember to use seat belt. air bags, and ejection seat.:yo:

Top Bottom