• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Upcoming Az Elio Showings

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A question for Jerome:
We all know about the Helmet map which was updated until there are just two 'red' states left.
Whenever someone asks for a map or list of states that require a motorcycle license there is no response. Why?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A question for Jerome:
We all know about the Helmet map which was updated until there are just two 'red' states left.
Whenever someone asks for a map or list of states that require a motorcycle license there is no response. Why?
As you all know, this is about helmets AND endorsements....
My guess;
This is a very small staff of people who get bombarded with duplicate questions over and over. They keep their cool very nicely, but they do filter out things to keep up. If they think they answered the question in another venue, or if things haven't changed since the last news-flash, or even if it's a bit in flux at the moment, they'll put off answering. Sometimes it ends up in their weekly tech talks a few days or weeks later.

On these helmet laws, they updated that every time a significant success happens, so the last map (in the blogs) is THE current map. He probably filtered you out with about 100 other people who just asked in the same week. It's a super common question.

You can get an idea of what it's like, just look at my article from Oct 2012, for Jerome and crew, it's been like that (and worse) for years. I think about every 4th person still asks "how much is it?" at their showings, even with the big old $$ sign just behind them.
http://www.3wheelers.com/einterview11.html

On my image in the article: My beard style has changed, little more salt than pepper now, and the boy is threatening to become taller than I am, but it's me! I'll be wearing my Black Elio shirt.

I can however ask them what they expect the time-line to be like for those last two states. For me the glaring missing item is helmet laws for young passengers. My Grandkids would love an excuse to have a motorcycle helmet of their own, but I have 5 at home with different head sizes and that's gets costly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ekh

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll be there in my G1 Insight. Same as my picture. I'll have my ELIO shirt on, and my black ball cap that reads "EX WIFE FOR SALE".. Probably on the 25th. About a six hour drive for me. Willie
I like the G1. I only got the Prius C (silver 2014) because it was available on Lease and in budget. G1's are very hard to get, even harder to finance since they often are over blue-book, if you can find one at all.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will be there as well (24th probably). I had originally hoped that the P5 might make an appearance, but with it being only 4 weeks out from those build photos they took on the 21st it's looking less likely. There should be some interesting build status information by then anyway.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will be there as well (24th probably). I had originally hoped that the P5 might make an appearance, but with it being only 4 weeks out from those build photos they took on the 21st it's looking less likely. There should be some interesting build status information by then anyway.
We should definitely bring cameras. They sometimes have new posters and images on display that aren't released yet. I must bring my 'a-z' book to finish out the signatures.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, will be going to the Oct 24th/25th showing
Chandler, AZ - Chandler Fashion Center - 3111 W Chandler Blvd - Times: Sat - 10am-9pm - Sun - 11am-6pm

Anyone want to meet-up there and say hello?
Love to join you but I will be at the Formula 1 GP at Circuit of the Americas in Austin TX.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Love to join you but I will be at the Formula 1 GP at Circuit of the Americas in Austin TX.
Sounds like fun!
Looks like there is an extra show at the Pep-Boys in Scottsdale on Friday noon-7PM 23 Oct, since I have missing signatures from my A-Z three Wheelers book, I'm going. I want every chance to get Paul's, and anyone else's on the team.
It's only 15min from my work, so what-the-heck!
I'm still going to the 24th as well. Mostly to see who from here will show up.
Here's what I looked like back then ( sure the little guy! ) changed the beard, and the glasses,, little more white, but mostly the same. :D
http://www.3wheelers.com/einterview11.html

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
(Reprint from another thread..)
I have some disappointing news, well to me anyway. I'd been pulling 13 hour night shifts for almost a week, starting last Friday. Not really good to do to a 62 year-old man. But you never want to pull the 'Age-Card' out for your employer.
And as I should have expected, I was sick my first day off from that schedule(yesterday). Was hoping to be well enough to go to Pep-Boys today, I even came to work on regular schedule today. But I think now I don't have the energy and need to rest. I'm going home early and hope I feel better for tomorrow.

This is the first time in 7 years my company has needed this from us. Hopefully it will be the last.

Top Bottom