• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Uber Elio?

PipSquack

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Insurance is also a sticky proposition depending on who you do business with. I know State Farm in Missouri will not insure Uber vehicles. Luckily I found this out last month before I tried to do any calls.

Funny though, Uber has you take a picture of your insurance card when you register and it didn't raise any flags.

Paul DeCrans

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Insurance is also a sticky proposition depending on who you do business with. I know State Farm in Missouri will not insure Uber vehicles. Luckily I found this out last month before I tried to do any calls.

Funny though, Uber has you take a picture of your insurance card when you register and it didn't raise any flags.

Why wouldn't Missouri state farm not insure Uber drivers. When you are driving Uber you are actually covered by Ubers insurance not yours. And when you are not you are under your insurance. Plus State farm would have no way of knowing that the vehicle is used as an uber vehicle. Seems like the agent made a mistake

PipSquack

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I had also thought that Uber kicked in when you went active. She was off and on hold with the district office for an hour while she took care of my business trying to find an answer. The guy whose policy she was working with even had a secondary umbrella policy attached.

It might have been something to do with the liability handoff that the company didn't want to deal with. I can't remember exactly what she said. They told her if the guy continued to drive he would have to insure that vehicle with another company and remove it from his umbrella coverage.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It could work...
uber_6954.jpg

Top Bottom