• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ttac, Ur-turn: The Truth About Oil

OctoberGlory

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good, and I suspect very accurate, read on what's going on with the price of oil. Long, but worth a read. I do wonder what impact these world financial shenenigans might have on Elio...

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2014/12/ur-turn-truth-oil/

Thanks for posting the article with lots of insight into the global oil market. It's been a loooong day at the office and I'm worn out, but one point really grabbed my attention.

"Saudi Arabia tipped their economic hand yesterday. They’ve declared a war on the price of oil and are willing to put their $576 billion in cash reserves on the table to slow down North American oil production. Economists predict that Saudi Arabia can fight a two year financial war of attrition in an attempt to slow down advancing United States, Canadian, and Mexican production." I like many folks focus on the price I pay at the pump and don't think about the broader negative economic impact cheap foreign oil has on this country.

"Enjoy the cheap gas for now, eventually it will go back up and when it does, it will go up fast and hard..." We know this to be a fact. So what impact will that have on the Elio. I'd venture to guess as the price of gas continues to drop interest in the Elio from the masses, in the short term will decline too. We Americans are a funny lot - gas prices drop and big SUV sales go up - gas prices go up and fuel efficient vehicle sales increase.

The Elio first got my attention with the $6800 price and the promise of 84 MPG. Regardless of the price of gas my total cost of ownership with an Elio will be far less than any other car. So for me the price of gas is important, but while driving an Elio much less important than when driving any other car.

Mrtoycrazy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

"Enjoy the cheap gas for now, eventually it will go back up and when it does, it will go up fast and hard..." We know this to be a fact. So what impact will that have on the Elio. I'd venture to guess as the price of gas continues to drop interest in the Elio from the masses, in the short term will decline too. We Americans are a funny lot - gas prices drop and big SUV sales go up - gas prices go up and fuel efficient vehicle sales increase.

The Elio first got my attention with the $6800 price and the promise of 84 MPG. Regardless of the price of gas my total cost of ownership with an Elio will be far less than any other car. So for me the price of gas is important, but while driving an Elio much less important than when driving any other car.

That's the way I feel too!

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now that the price is below the $60 point some of the Fracking will stop we will start shutting down some of the more expensive wells. In aobut 6 months the supply will begin to dwindle and the price will get back above 60 and the fracking will continue. I am willing to bet a back seat ride in my Elio that it will stabilize in the $65 range..... i am waiting onthe Gobberment to put about a 30 cent tax for some more boooondoggles.

I dont care about the price of gas, I just want to drive my Elio....

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now that the price is below the $60 point some of the Fracking will stop we will start shutting down some of the more expensive wells. In aobut 6 months the supply will begin to dwindle and the price will get back above 60 and the fracking will continue. I am willing to bet a back seat ride in my Elio that it will stabilize in the $65 range..... i am waiting onthe Gobberment to put about a 30 cent tax for some more boooondoggles.

I dont care about the price of gas, I just want to drive my Elio....
The price of gas has simply become one of those things I accept as being what it is and there is nothing I can do about it unless I stop driving. Sorry, I will stop drive when I am no longer physically or mentally able to. It simply is something I enjoy too much to give up. Fortunately my son introduced me to the Elio so I can again enjoy driving on little side trips now and then without worrying about running out of money. I do love my Elio and can't wait to drive it. :) Z

Last edited:

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Something you should ALWAYS keep in mind:
The difference between a glut (excess) and a deficiency is less than 3%

Any number of factors can cause a 3% change.

I'll buy the Elio at $10/barrel oil.

It's not about the money....
It's about sending a message....
I could just "like" this, but I agree more than that.

Top Bottom