• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Transparency In Development

Mrtoycrazy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't ever had the opportunity to watch the development of a product,let alone one as ambitious as this.I went "all in " on my reservation in Nov of last year ,two weeks after hearing about Elio, so I've missed a lot of the process. I was wondering if anyone on the forum has ever seen or heard of a new company being so transparent with development as well as ambitious with goal. I realize that Elio took reservations to raise money and check buying interest but it's not usually done this way, and almost unheard of to goal completion.

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am 100% into this cool vehicle, but I must admit it does bother me the monies are considered "non-refundable", and they are considered "reservations" for a vehicle which does not exist..

but 38,000 other people feel there is a "reasonable" chance this might happen, so what the heck ..

but i do NOT tell anyone about this, at my age everyone is living on a fixed retirement income and cannot afford to lose the monies just for a new vehicle, especially here on an island only 13 miles long , where none really cares about MPG !

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't ever had the opportunity to watch the development of a product,let alone one as ambitious as this.I went "all in " on my reservation in Nov of last year ,two weeks after hearing about Elio, so I've missed a lot of the process. I was wondering if anyone on the forum has ever seen or heard of a new company being so transparent with development as well as ambitious with goal. I realize that Elio took reservations to raise money and check buying interest but it's not usually done this way, and almost unheard of to goal completion.
Cryptic (game company) and was a disaster, they went under and were bought by Atari, then went under a second time, then were bought by Perfect World Entertainment which turned them around. Cryptic routinely overpromised and half a year after the promised date would put out something half assed.

Top Bottom