• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tired Of The Trolls And Passive Agressives!

Have you been the victim of a troll that has nothing to add to your post but negative comments?

• Total voters

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All the CONSTANT whining about 'trolls' on this forum is getting pathetic! Just because you don't share smeone's opinion doesn't make it invalid. Even if they are flat out wrong that does not constitute a 'troll' just because it's contrary to your own agenda. I'm sure the moderators here have deleted some fairly nasty posts from time to time, but if you want to see 'trolls' you should see the kind of absolute vile nastiness and threats and psychotic raving that REAL 'trolls' post in other places on a daily basis. Yikes! It scares me that there a4e people walking amoung us who's minds could contrive such disturbing thoughts and put them to words. THOSE are 'trolls' , who's only purpose is to disrupt and degrade a site such as this.
By the local deffinition on the other hand, I am a troll simply by virtue of the fact I am NOT a cheerleader. Sorry, bt I have no blind faith in me. Never have, never will. In all honesty, as of today, I give the entire Elio venture about an 80% chance of a complete fizzle. (Can't crash and burn since there is no actual vehicle to crash and not eneough energy left in the program to get a decent fire going). Oops, troll-talk. NO, that is my actual, for-real, no kidding, honest-to-goodness, no-agenda-having, no-I-was-not-hired-by-dark-forces-to-destroy-Elio OPINION. And it's just as valid as anyone else's unless you happen to have some inside information that might change my assessment, in which case please share with the group.
But if I thought it was already completely over I wouldn't bother checking back here from time to time. I REALLY am hoping somehow Paul can still pull it off. I think the concept is a transportation revolution waiting to happen that could truely make the world better than it is today. But only IF Elio can do it, 'cause if they fail no one is going to try this concept again on any potentially successful level. Again, my opinion only, but I think it holds up to logical scrutiny.
I should point out that I am not referring to anyone in particular as being especially 'troll-phobic', just that I see a general pattern from a LOT of contributers here, wanting to tar and feather anyone who shows up without their pom-poms. If someone expresses frustration with delays, or thinks the Elio 'team' should at least be doing SOMETHING, or thinks the whole thing has already failed, or even thinks it was all a scam from the beginning, and even if they want to warn any future reservation buyers not to "fall-for-it", it does not mean they have an 'AGENDA'. Maybe that's how they REALLY see it. And their opinion is no more or less valid than someone else who thinks Paul is a super-genius who has orchestrated every step and this is all part of his grand master plan. (I'm somewhat skeptical of that one, but that's just me).
I get the impression that there are some sour-grapes out there, sure, and there's no sense in letting this turn into a 'bash Elio' forum, but the 'troll' accusation is being thrown around rather liberally. I REALLY don't believe there are dark sinister forces at work hiring professional trolls to infiltrate and disrupt elioowners forum for the purpose of destroying Elio Motors via an orchestrated psych-ops campaign.

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Folks, a little discourse is always needed to vent out any project. I for one have only noticed one situation that required some interjection by moderators.

I am 1000% behind the Elio project. Others are not. No problem. Voice your views without threats or attacking other members and all is good.

Other moderators may have other views. Again, no problem. This is my personal feelings.

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All the CONSTANT whining about 'trolls' on this forum is getting pathetic! Just because you don't share smeone's opinion doesn't make it invalid. Even if they are flat out wrong that does not constitute a 'troll' just because it's contrary to your own agenda. I'm sure the moderators here have deleted some fairly nasty posts from time to time, but if you want to see 'trolls' you should see the kind of absolute vile nastiness and threats and psychotic raving that REAL 'trolls' post in other places on a daily basis. Yikes! It scares me that there a4e people walking amoung us who's minds could contrive such disturbing thoughts and put them to words. THOSE are 'trolls' , who's only purpose is to disrupt and degrade a site such as this.
By the local deffinition on the other hand, I am a troll simply by virtue of the fact I am NOT a cheerleader. Sorry, bt I have no blind faith in me. Never have, never will. In all honesty, as of today, I give the entire Elio venture about an 80% chance of a complete fizzle. (Can't crash and burn since there is no actual vehicle to crash and not eneough energy left in the program to get a decent fire going). Oops, troll-talk. NO, that is my actual, for-real, no kidding, honest-to-goodness, no-agenda-having, no-I-was-not-hired-by-dark-forces-to-destroy-Elio OPINION. And it's just as valid as anyone else's unless you happen to have some inside information that might change my assessment, in which case please share with the group.
But if I thought it was already completely over I wouldn't bother checking back here from time to time. I REALLY am hoping somehow Paul can still pull it off. I think the concept is a transportation revolution waiting to happen that could truely make the world better than it is today. But only IF Elio can do it, 'cause if they fail no one is going to try this concept again on any potentially successful level. Again, my opinion only, but I think it holds up to logical scrutiny.
I should point out that I am not referring to anyone in particular as being especially 'troll-phobic', just that I see a general pattern from a LOT of contributers here, wanting to tar and feather anyone who shows up without their pom-poms. If someone expresses frustration with delays, or thinks the Elio 'team' should at least be doing SOMETHING, or thinks the whole thing has already failed, or even thinks it was all a scam from the beginning, and even if they want to warn any future reservation buyers not to "fall-for-it", it does not mean they have an 'AGENDA'. Maybe that's how they REALLY see it. And their opinion is no more or less valid than someone else who thinks Paul is a super-genius who has orchestrated every step and this is all part of his grand master plan. (I'm somewhat skeptical of that one, but that's just me).
I get the impression that there are some sour-grapes out there, sure, and there's no sense in letting this turn into a 'bash Elio' forum, but the 'troll' accusation is being thrown around rather liberally. I REALLY don't believe there are dark sinister forces at work hiring professional trolls to infiltrate and disrupt elioowners forum for the purpose of destroying Elio Motors via an orchestrated psych-ops campaign.

History teaches that trying to enforce ideological purity often backfires. Though there are older and newer examples, the French Revolution is a good case study on the progression of the need to have everyone agree with you.

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Folks, a little discourse is always needed to vent out any project. I for one have only noticed one situation that required some interjection by moderators.

I am 1000% behind the Elio project. Others are not. No problem. Voice your views without threats or attacking other members and all is good.

Other moderators may have other views. Again, no problem. This is my personal feelings.
As you say, (some of the) other moderators (on this forum) have other views. I have had posts deleted that were accurate and contained no threats or attacks. I have been "attacked" and insulted with no moderator response. "Attacked" in sense that my character was attacked, not the validity of my statements. Also, as you say, no problem. Just pointing out the facts, not complaining.

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Elio Owner's forum logic:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well the natural flow of things has taken it's toll. The troll perception is higher for now while this controversy over Elio funding remains. Anything else to talk about is off topic to various degrees. So I'm doing what a good number of others are doing, I'll be here much less, maybe only weekly, until some positive event happens.

There just isn't any useful information to acquire or share until then, so we just argue over unknowns, worries or old wounds at a level of irritation to match.
With the right filter button, maybe that would be delayed a little, but I admit, maybe only a little.

No hate, just acknowledging the process.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well the natural flow of things has taken it's toll. The troll perception is higher for now while this controversy over Elio funding remains. Anything else to talk about is off topic to various degrees. So I'm doing what a good number of others are doing, I'll be here much less, maybe only weekly, until some positive event happens.

There just isn't any useful information to acquire or share until then, so we just argue over unknowns, worries or old wounds at a level of irritation to match.
With the right filter button, maybe that would be delayed a little, but I admit, maybe only a little.

No hate, just acknowledging the process.
Yea, I only check in once-in-awhile (once a month maybe) and I've pretty much stopped posting. It's no longer worth the hassle, and for what really? To argue like school children over what-if's and maybe's?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yea, I only check in once-in-awhile (once a month maybe) and I've pretty much stopped posting. It's no longer worth the hassle, and for what really? To argue like school children over what-if's and maybe's?
You hit that nail on the head! It makes no sense to debate, argue, and name call over old ELIO news. The fun factor discussion is greatly diminished. The ball is in EM's court and nothing said here, be it positive or negative speculation, is going to change a thing. I may drop off to monthly visits as well. I'll get an email update from EM with any good news on funding and/or production progress.

Top Bottom