• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

This Is Almost Scary!

Would you buy a car like this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
When I first started this poll, I was a NO WAY.
Now after reading all of the points that were brought up, I can change my vote to a yes, but not as an early adopter.
I want to see them on the road and at least 1 or 2 years of true operation.
I like that idea of the "too drunk to drive? I'll car a car to pick you up" and there would be no way for you to "get behind the wheel". There isn't one!
I can see these as service cars more than personally owned cars; you go to work for a big company and they would own a fleet of these to transport the workers to and from home. Give them their own "carpool lane"

Earl LaSitis

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
We can't trust are air bags and now they want us to trust a signal from a satellite. This sounds like there doing this with Government incentives This will be like the cell phone a monthly charge to use your car.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In metro areas I could even see not owning a car but having an app or service that has a car drive itself to you on a daily schedule or you can have one come to you on demand. When you are done, it drives itself back to the distribution center for charging/maintenance. I think that would work well for EVs.

Car ownership and driving becomes a hobby but mere transportation is a service. I think it would take a while to catch on, but never having to worry about car maintenance and not paying for a vehicle you are not using sounds attractive to me.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In metro areas I could even see not owning a car but having an app or service that has a car drive itself to you on a daily schedule or you can have one come to you on demand. When you are done, it drives itself back to the distribution center for charging/maintenance. I think that would work well for EVs.

Car ownership and driving becomes a hobby but mere transportation is a service. I think it would take a while to catch on, but never having to worry about car maintenance and not paying for a vehicle you are not using sounds attractive to me.
Good point. The car could be ready for you as you step out of your house/apartment to go to work. Once it takes you to work, maybe it goes and picks up someone else and just repeats the process all day... optimizing availability. Being connected to a central distribution, it COULD even combine a couple of pickups to get everyone there on time. I wouldn't want to share a car like that but I could see people cutting down on the numbers of cars they own. You could "drive" to work and have your car go back home to take the wife to work and then the kids to school. It could then plug in and wait till it was time to pick you up from work... Yeah, I can see that.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm hoping it'll take the 'stupid' people I see on the road all the time out of the equation. I commute on a VERY sparsely populated road. so my daily commute is quite enjoyable, however every time I have to drive to town invariably I encounter someone who is to 'stupid' to have a drivers license. I would love to see a car with no steering wheel, gas pedal, or brake pedal for those people.

aahz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm hoping it'll take the 'stupid' people I see on the road all the time out of the equation. I commute on a VERY sparsely populated road. so my daily commute is quite enjoyable, however every time I have to drive to town invariably I encounter someone who is to 'stupid' to have a drivers license. I would love to see a car with no steering wheel, gas pedal, or brake pedal for those people.

Hallelujah!!!

Top Bottom