• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

This Forum And Firefox

OctoberGlory

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ghostery is a pretty good utility you add to your browser that I've used for a couple of years. It helps to prevent information about where you go on the internet to be sent out of your computer ...

Very interesting - I just installed Ghostery on my MacBook Pro. Currently blocking 8 trackers as I type this. Went to CNN - blocking 17, Food52 - 18, AOL - 26, this page blocking 8. Google being blocked in virtually every case. Also saw FaceBook and Twitter trying to take a peak frequently.

First I've heard of Ghostery - thanks RMClubfitter.

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very interesting - I just installed Ghostery on my MacBook Pro. Currently blocking 8 trackers as I type this. Went to CNN - blocking 17, Food52 - 18, AOL - 26, this page blocking 8. Google being blocked in virtually every case. Also saw FaceBook and Twitter trying to take a peak frequently.

First I've heard of Ghostery - thanks RMClubfitter.

I have absolutely no complaints with ghostery. As they say in the Amex commercial, I wouldn't leave home without it. Glad you tried it.

daniel Bazley

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Jim on the Firefox, more times than I can count they have saved my fat from the proverbial fire! ;)
Also, thanks to my son, who did "IT" in addition to teaching, turned me on to the free versions of AVG and
Superantispyware, our puter's run flawlessly. When I remember to update them! :rolleyes:

I'm a big Firefox fan also. Been involved with computers since the mid seventies. Used a HP System35 to run software to program punch tape operated N/C turning machines, it had a whopping16k of ram and had a floppy drive that took 8 inch disks. I also have been using the free version of AVG. I also recommend the free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Happy Birthday OctoberGlory!
birday.png

Top Bottom