• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Talk Me Into $1k Thread

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm all in at $100 right thinking real hard about going to the $1000 level just can't push the buy button(its in my cart right now). One question if anyone can answer, do you think I would get my production # this go around when the #'s are given out or will I have to wait? What words of encouragement can someone given me to take the $1000 plunge?
Goofyone pretty much summed it up. I was initially just going to go for the $100 all-in, but I was absolutely sure that I wanted to buy when production starts and couldn't stand the thought of thousands of people jumping in front of me in line (how rude!), so I went for the $1000 level. I have to tell you, it feels great having my spot in line. I can't remember being this excited about a vehicle, and I've had many.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Goofyone pretty much summed it up. I was initially just going to go for the $100 all-in, but I was absolutely sure that I wanted to buy when production starts and couldn't stand the thought of thousands of people jumping in front of me in line (how rude!), so I went for the $1000 level. I have to tell you, it feels great having my spot in line. I can't remember being this excited about a vehicle, and I've had many.

Yep, NOTHING LIKE having your very own place in line! Did Ya bring your favorite pillow and blanket with Ya, Dustman? Got mine. :D

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Haha... Haven't done an actual camp out in a line for something in years - gotta have my blankie, though! :p
Yup! Just like "Linus" with Peanuts. . . . To go all-in here in this line, the "Blankie" becomes mandatory and very fashionable. After all, not only is the line long and growing. . . . . . . . , so is the wait time.
image.jpg

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IF I HAVE MY BAD CREDIT DEBIT CARD BUT I CAN BUY reserving?
Good question, Armin. Bad credit is a problem, ONLY if one is trying to borrow money, or to buy something on credit.

Very, VERY old saying, that I am sure you are familiar with say: "MONEY talks, and Bull S_it walks."

$6800 dollars? Pay cash. It spends everywhere credit is usually taken.

Good luck, my friend.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
IF I HAVE MY BAD CREDIT DEBIT CARD BUT I CAN BUY reserving?

Great to have you! You can reserve with a credit or debit card. Then you can do like many of our members are doing as we have some time before delivery. Many members have started an Elio savings fund where they put money away each week or each month and hopefully by the time their Elio is ready they will have all the money or at least a good portion of it saved. :)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Absolutely agree with you and I feel the same. Made my first $100 in Sep 2013 and two upgrades to get me to $1000. Have never had any second thoughts and get more encouraged and excited each day

RevTriker

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Well the 50% promotion has now dropped to 25% and reservation numbers have flattened out a bit. It is still worthwhile to go "all in" over "want in" because if (heaven forbid) a calamity caused Paul Elio's company to declare bankruptcy I would dare to say everyone (in both categories) would end up losers -- i.e. your money back promise probably would not be honored. So in reality the only advantage of being a "want in" reservation holder is that they can backout of actually buying the car. Since I went "All In" I can only skip my place in line only once but then I would have to either commit to buying the car or forfeit the $1000. If, by chance, I decide to buy it but don't like driving it afterall, I can of course sell it, and the $500 price cut (from the 50% promotion) might actually take the sting out of that option.

Top Bottom