• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The I Just Upgraded My Reservation Thread

Johnny Kim

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Now, I am cranky. No email response or phone call on my reservation number request. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that people who go "All in" at $1000 get better treatment than those who have upgraded to the $1000. I upgraded to $1000 on January 7, 2014 and the my order status shows complete, yet I have received nothing from Elio Motors.

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I upgraded my $100 "All in" reservation to $1,000 "All in" this morning. Waiting for that production number now.

mike brown

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I went all in this morning! 100 bucks to start and will wait and see how things look in the future before i put anymore in. Does anyone know if this upgrade is going to be viable in the future?

Marv Cohen

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Presently Deefield Beach moving to Jensen Beach
I went for the all in for $500, got my T-shirt and bumper sticker I hope it comes to pass . Right now I drive a 250cc sunshine yellow Chinese take off of a T Rex it gets 60 MPG but top speed is only 55 MPH. People ask me all kinds of questions about it when they see me on the road. I can't go on the interstate it's too slow. Elio 3cyl would be powerful enough to go on interstate. I've seen different HP nos. for Elio not sure but 60-70HP would be ok for 1800 lb. vehicle. My other vehicle is a 2013 GMC plain old Terrain . Nobody asks me what it is. I look forward to the Elio being produced I would be willing to fly to Dallas Texas and then flying into Shreeveport to pick mine up at the factory and then taking a 2 or 3 day trip back to SE Florida.
As far as fender skirts I don't think it works for me . Is it for aerodynamics? Tire changing rear tire could be a hassle unless the fender skirts are removable on the side with the nuts. Nothing was ever mentioned about a tool kit my 250cc came with one. I do my own oil changes. For a vehicle like the Elio which is warranted for 3/36K I would feel comfortable with a Elio dealer and service /repair shop within 25-50 miles from me. I live in Deerfield Bch which is north of Ft.Lauderdale. It would be nice to have a air conditioned motorcycle in the summer in Florida and paying $70 per year motorcycle insurance $3yr reduduction for no accidents with Progressive Ins. Co.although I think I would go for the whole pkg w/fire and theft for the Elio.
My advice to you DON'T get impatient and buy a Chinese 250cc trike product that looks like a T Rex unless you are skilled in repair of small vehicles. Just last week I had to take my radiator off for repair at a radiator shop. Outlet pipe at bottom of radiator came loose tried to solder it back on couldn't do it, it was made of aluminum . Luckily the shop owner was skilled at repairing aluminum radiators and he mixed up a batch of special epoxy and charged me only$30 . I had occasion to go to a marine parts store for a hose and a small amount of this epoxy was $29+tax. After about 200 miles on the Chinese trike the ignition switch failed and right now it's a B%#*ch starting . BUY AMERICAN.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm only in for $100 now but when it gets closer to production and they start production, I'm upgrading for sure

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I am all in for $100 however I am still a bit more skeptical than optimistic. I am hesitant to put any more down until I see them moving closer to production. I will up my reservation to the full $1K when I see several fully functional pre-production prototypes with real drivetrains and near final interior/exterior specs as well as an assembly line starting to take shape. For me they don't have to hit all their promised numbers for cost and fuel economy but as long as they are reasonably close I will be happy to buy one.

I would like to see Elio allow us to raise our reservation level incrementally over time as I may be willing to raise my reservation amount as they hit major development milestones.

Last edited:

bird

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I going to up mine 400 more bucks by the end of June or so. That will make 500. The other 500 will be added when they start hiring people for the plant. That's my plan anyway.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have read from other resources that they send out the numbers once a month. Congratulations. I am sure you will get your number in due time.

Top Bottom